Donald R. Baker
September 22, 1943 - February 11, 2018
Service Date: February 16, 2018
Donald R. Baker, 74, of O’Fallon, Illinois, born Wednesday, September 22, 1943, in Akron, OH, passed away Sunday, February 11, 2018 at his residence.
Donald was retired from the United States Air Force.
He was preceded in death by:
- Son: Donnie Baker
- Parents: Lester A. and Stella nee Sumpter, Baker
- 2 Brothers:
- Lawrence Baker
- Tom Baker
- Sister-in-Law: Ruth Baker Stewart
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Diane S. nee Butler, Baker of O’Fallon, IL
- Darla (Ronnie) Girod of Auburn, IL
- Stephanie Baker of Canton, OH
- Lesley “Cathy” Lantz of Belleville, IL
- Brother: Harold (Karen) Baker of Akron, OH
- Step-Sister: Barbara Starcher of Akron, OH
- 6 Grandchildren:
- R.J. Girod
- Krystal Girod
- Tyler Brewer
- Courtney Brewer
- Zach Schumer
- Jacob Schumer
- Great-Grandchild: Cheyanne Herrera
- Sister-in-Law: Christine Baker of Barberton, OH
- Loving Nieces & Nephews
Memorials: In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Shiners Hospital for Children, or Belleville Area Humane Society.
Visitation: Visitation from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm, Friday, February 16, 2018 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: A Celebration of Life will be held at 7:00 pm, Friday, February 16, 2018 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Kenneth York officiating. Private family interment will be held.