Ruth A. Summitt
July 12, 1937 - February 12, 2018
Service Date: February 15, 2018
Ruth A. Summitt, nee Ellis, 80, of O Fallon, IL, born Monday, July 12, 1937, in East St. Louis, IL, passed away Monday, February 12, 2018 at her residence, surrounded by her loving husband and grandchildren.
Ruth worked as a Secretary at the County Probation office and volunteered for the Salvation Army. Whether standing on her head or with her feet planted on the ground, she was the anchor of the family. She loved being outside on the tennis courts as well as spending time inside decorating her home. She will be greatly missed by all who knew her.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Father: Walter Harold Ellis
- Mother: Ruth A. Ellis-Coppotelli, nee McCormick
Surviving are her:
- Husband: Paul A. Summitt of O’fallon, IL
- Daughter: Angela R. Tipton of O’fallon, IL
- Tara N. Rujawitz of Belleville, IL
- Tatum N. (Stephanie) Tipton of San Antonio, TX
- Richard “Trey” Hurst of Belleville, IL
- Great-Grandchild: Lennon Rujawitz
- Special Niece: Diana Jacek
- Jim Ellis of Ocean View, DE
- Jack (Dee Canady) Ellis of Belleville, IL
- Cousin: Margie (Neal) Gavin of Shiloh, IL
- other Nieces & Nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made in lieu of flowers to the American Cancer Society or Salvation Army.
Visitation: Visitation from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm, Thursday, February 15, 2018 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Memorial Service will be held at 5:00 pm, Thursday, February 15, 2018 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Skip Leininger officiating. Private family interment at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, Illinois.