Wanda Hedwig Leopold
October 9, 1921 - January 8, 2018
Service Date: January 13, 2018
Wanda Hedwig Leopold, nee Krebs, 96, of Belleville, delivered by her grandfather on Sunday, October 9, 1921, in St. Louis, MO, passed away peacefully Monday, January 8, 2018.
Wanda married Warren Edward Leopold in 1947 and lived in Belleville, IL where they raised their children. She was a member of the St. Louis Jr. League, “Soux City Jr. League”, Life Member of Memorial Hospital Auxiliary, St. Clair County Historical Society.
Wanda was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: Warren E. Leopold
- Beloved daughter and best friend: Christy Ann Leopold
- Parents: Waldo Krebs and Hedwig Wangelin Krebs
- Brother: Dr. David Krebs
- Sister: Jane Miller
- Brother-in-law: Dr. Jack Fries
- Great nephew: Matt Miller
Wanda is survived by her:
- Beloved son: and favorite person to talk and joke with, Michael Warren (Claire) Leopold of Swansea, IL
- Sister-in-law: Marilyn Fries of Clayton, Mo
- Christopher Michael “Boomer” (Marianne) Leopold of Germantown, TN
- Kelli Haze (Greg) Milton of Plainfield, IL
- James Michael Leopold of Clayton, MO
- Kathryn Claire “Kaki” Leopold of Swansea, IL
- Great grandchildren
- Natalie Leopold of Germantown, TN
- Rachel Leopold of Germantown, TN
- Luke Gates of Plainfield, IL
- Tess Gates of Plainfield, IL
- Mark (Cheryl) Miller
- Miles Miller
- Niece: Mary Jane Torpin
- Great nieces
- Jenny (Adam) Leu
- Jane Torpin
- great nephew: Carleton Torpin
Wanda will always be remembered for her love of family, sweet smile, quick wit, great sense of humor, and LOVE of chocolate.
Special thanks to the staff of Cedarhurst of Shiloh, IL, Memorial Hospital, St. Paul’s Senior Community, and Hospice of Southern Illinois who became quick friends and took great care of Wanda in her final years and days.
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the donors choice.
Services: The family will be having a private memorial service and burial.