Gerald W. Michael
October 8, 1931 - November 13, 2017
Service Date: November 20, 2017
Gerald W. Michael, 86, of Smithton, IL, and formerly of Florissant, MO, and Jacksonville, IL, passed away on Monday, November 13, 2017, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in Saint Louis, MO.
He was born Thursday, October 8, 1931, in Logansport, IN, the son of Claude W. Michael and Gertrude Decker Michael. He married Lillian E. Mayer of East St. Louis, IL, on July 7, 1954, in El Paso, TX. She preceded him in death on February 6, 1994. He later married Norma M. Lovekamp of Florissant, MO, and Jacksonville, IL, on December 18, 1999, who survives as a friend and companion in St. Louis, MO.
Mr. Michael was a Korean War veteran, having served in the U.S. Air Force from 1950-1954. He retired from McDonnell-Douglas, St. Louis, MO, in April 1987, as a Captain in the Security Department. He was a member of the Faith Lutheran Church in Jacksonville, IL. He was also a member of the Missouri Peace Officers Association for 33 years.
- He was preceded in death by his:
- Wife: Lillian E. Mayer
- Parents: Claude W. Michael and Gertrude Decker Michael
- Brother: Pierre W. Michael
- He is survived by:
- Two daughters
- Debra S. Michael of Arroyo Grande, CA,
- Susan M. Alboro (husband Patrick) of Elk Grove, CA
- One granddaughter: Crystal M. Dunn (husband Jared) of Sacramento, CA
- Four great-grandchildren
- Kalia Lily Hale of Sacramento, CA
- Steven Paul Hale III of Sacramento, CA
- Evangelina Maria Dunn of Sacramento, CA
- Miles Patrick Dunn of Sacramento, CA
- He was an uncle, a great uncle, and a cousin.
- Two daughters
Services: Funeral procession will leave Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL, at 12:45 pm on Monday, November 20, 2017, for a 1:30 graveside service with honors at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, MO, with Rev. Doug Stewart officiating.