Albert L. Patrick
January 14, 1942 - November 4, 2017
Service Date: November 7, 2017
Albert L. Patrick, 75, of Belleville, Illinois, born Wednesday, January 14, 1942, in Saint Louis, MO, died Saturday, November 4, 2017, at St. Paul’s Home in Belleville, Illinois, after a long, hard-fought battle with cancer.
Mr. Patrick retired after 39 1/2 years as a Letter Carrier for the USPS. He was a member of St. Mark Lutheran Church in Belleville, Illinois; Moose Lodge #1221 in Swansea, Illinois; and a Past Secretary of the Letter Carriers Union . He was an Air Force veteran.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Chester P. and Virginia, nee Dirksen, Patrick
- Thomas Patrick
- Gary Douglas Patrick
- Stepmother: Bernice Patrick
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Sue A., nee Scheffknecht, Patrick of Belleville, IL
- Kelly (Paul) Costello of Fairview Heights, IL
- Sherry (Jason) Karstens of Swansea, IL
- Dan P. Patrick of Springfield, IL
- Richard (Diane) Patrick of Maryville, IL
- Allison Costello
- Madyson Karstens
- Kennedy Karstens
- Extended Family
- Frances (Mom) Dickneite
- Kish, Walker, and Vollmer Families
- Many nieces and nephews
- Step-brother and Step-sisters
Al will be missed for his jokes and wit. He knew no stranger and touched many lives. He was a big Belleville East sports fan.
Memorials: Memorials may be made to St. Mark Lutheran Church or St. Paul’s Home.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm Monday, November 6, 2017, at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois and from 9:30 am – 10:30 am Tuesday, November 7, 2017, at St. Mark Lutheran Church in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral Service will be held at 10:30 am , November 7, 2017, at St. Mark Lutheran Church, with Rev. Brian Robison officiating. Interment will follow at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, Missouri.