Alberta E. Belt
August 15, 2017 - September 25, 2017
Service Date: September 30, 2017
Alberta Elizabeth Belt, nee Steinmann, of Belleville, Illinois, born August 15, 1921, in Waterloo, Illinois died September 25, 2017.
She was employed by the Illinois Department of Transportation for 25 years as a Secretary being promoted in 1978 to an Engineering Technician and retired on December 31, 1988. Before that she was employed by Allied Mills in East St. Louis, Illinois.
She attended Christ United Church of Christ in Belleville, Illinois and was a member of the Women’s Fellowship; Belleville Christian Women’s Club; Ainad Belles; Illinois Association of Highway Engineers; Illinois Association of Highway Engineers Retirees; 50 year member of Rob Morris OES #98; Meat Cutters Retirees Local 534; Senior Citizens of Belleville; Egyptian Credit Union and LIFT.
She was preceded in death by:
- Husband: Kenneth Robert (Bob) Belt
- Daughter: Earlene V. Wilson
- Her parents: Albert F. and Mathilda (Voelker) Steinmann
- Brother: Calvin Steinmann
- Brother-in-law: Walter Herzog
Surviving are her:
- Daughter: Mary Kay (Patrick) McGarry of Belleville, Illinois
- Son Robert L. (Armida) Belt of Mesa, Arizona
- Matthew S. Perkins
- Joseph R. (Valerie) McGarry
- Patrick M. (Lauren) McGarry
- Colette McFadden
- Pam Molina
- Floyd (Candy) Wilson
- Robert (Maria) Wilson
- Terri (Elvis) Culp
- 14 great grandchildren
- 10 great great grandchildren.
- Orlou (Lou) Herzog
- Kathy (Donald) Bauer
- Brothers: Warren (Lorraine) Steinmann
- Glenn (Aileen) Steinmann
Memorials: Memorials may be made to Family Hospice in Belleville or Shriners Hospital for Children.
Visitation: Friends may visit with the family from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm Saturday, September 30, 2017 at Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville. OES Service will be held at 11:00 am.
Services: 1:30 pm Saturday, September 30, 2017 at Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville with Pastor Jon Tinge officiating. Burial will be at Valhalla Cemetery.