Henry A. Murphy
June 18, 1931 - September 22, 2017
Service Date: September 29, 2017
Henry A. Murphy, 85, of Belleville, Illinois, born Saturday, June 18, 1932, in Akron, OH, died Friday, September 22, 2017 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, Illinois.
Henry worked as an Auditor for the U.S. General Accounting Office. He graduated from Anna-Jonesboro Community High School (Class of 1949), and received his bachelors degree in accounting from SIU-Carbondale, was a member of Edgemont Bible Church, Fairview Heights Illinois, and a United States Army Veteran serving in the Korean War.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Ollie C. and Catherine nee Hick, Murphy
- Brother: Jackson Ray Murphy
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Peggy Lou nee Treece, Murphy of Belleville, IL
- Brian (Mary Ann) Murphy of Pevely, MO
- Brent (Laura) Murphy of Belleville, IL
- Amy Lyn (John) Carty of Belleville, IL
- Brett (Amanda) Murphy of St. Louis, MO
- 14 Grandchildren
- Matthew, Meaghan, Mollie,
- Michael, Christopher, Maggie,
- Jersey, Johnathan, Bailey,
- Melissa, Morgan, Alex,
- Thomas, Quinn
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Edgemont Bible Church, St. Jude’s Hospital for Children.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm Thursday, September 28, 2017 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois and from 11:15 am – 12:00 pm Friday, September 29, 2017 at Edgemont Bible Church in Fairview Heights, Illinois.
Cemetery Services: Funeral procession will leave Kurrus Funeral Home at 9:15am Friday, September 29, 2017 for a 10:00am committal service at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery with Military Honors.
Memorials Service: Memorial service will be held at 12 noon on Friday, September 29, 2017 at Edgemont Bible Church in Fairview Heights, Illinois with Doug White officiating.