Michael D. Meyer Sr.
December 2, 1950 - September 19, 2017
Service Date: September 25, 2017
Michael D. Meyer, Sr., 66, of O’Fallon, Illinois, born Saturday, December 2, 1950, in Belleville, Illinois, died Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at Missouri Baptist Medical Center in Saint Louis, Missouri.
Michael worked for the City of O’Fallon, Illinois. He was a member of Laborers Local #670.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Father: Alfred H. Meyer
- Mother: Edna, nee Uhde, Schroeder
- Brother: David Meyer
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Jeanette, nee Kehrer, Meyer of O’Fallon, Illinois
- Michael D. (Alexandra) Meyer, Jr. of Fairview Heights, Illinois
- Ashley Meyer of Columbus, Indiana
- Jennifer (Brent) Ebert of Idabel, Oklahoma
- Step-Mother: Patricia Meyer, West Plains, Missouri
- Grandmother: Dorothy Miles, West Plains, Missouri
- Brother: Brian Meyer of Oakdale, California
- Nancy Meyer of Birmingham, Alabama
- Susan (Eddie) Tapia of Twentynine Palms, California
- Tricia Meyer of Gainesville, Missouri
- Jana (Kenneth) Wood of O’Fallon, Illinois
- Blake Castille
- Elizabeth Martin, nee Castille
- John Ray Castille
- Haylie Thilgen
- Owen Michael Meyer
- Oliver Christie
- Lilly Martin
- God Son: Chet Barnes
- Sister-in-Law: Tracey Lewis of O’Fallon, Illinois
- Friends & Hunting Partners:
- Mark Stevens of O’Fallon, Illinois
- Tim Stumpf of O’Fallon, Illinois
- Bill Donato of O’Fallon, Illinois
- Sisters & Brothers-in- Law:
- Gloria (Dutch) Jancek of Highland, Illinois
- Phyllis (Bill) Sheppard of Freeburg, Illinois
- Connie (Ben) Mooney of St. Libory, Illinois
- Patty (Mike) Middendorf of Belleville, Illinois
- Betty (Jerry) Ruhmann of Freeburg, Illinois
- Stella (Cletus) Kaemmerer of Caseyville, Illinois
- Bonnie (Kevin) Christian of O’Fallon, Illinois
- Doris Barnes of Gilbert, Arizona
- Susie (Ahmed) Shabib of Hanover Park, Illinois
- Kathy (Rob) Spontak of Romeoville, Illinois
- Brother & Sister-in-Law: Richard (Debbie) Kehrer of Smithton, Illinois
- Numerous Nieces, Nephews, Great-Nieces and Great-Nephews.
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Family in care of Jeanette Meyer for expenses incurred or to the American Legion for Gifts to the Yanks.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm Monday, September 25, 2017 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral Service will be held at 7:00 pm Monday, September 25, 2017 at the funeral home. By his request, cremation will follow the funeral service. A procession for the burial of ashes will leave from the funeral home at 10:20 am, Tuesday, September 26, 2017 for an 11:00 am graveside service at O’Fallon City Cemetery in O’Fallon, Illinois, with Pastor Jack Kurrelmeyer officiating.