Phyllis D. Scobbie
August 1, 1956 - August 7, 2017
Service Date: August 12, 2017
Phyllis D. Scobbie, nee Reed, 61, of Belleville, Illinois, born Wednesday, August 1, 1956, in East Saint Louis, Illinois, passed away Monday, August 7, 2017 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, Illinois.
Phyllis was an Administrative Assistant for the City of Belleville Fire Department. She was a member of the Illinois Fire Chief Secretary Association; an Honorary member of Fire Fighters Local 53; Teamsters Local 50; and BWBA.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Parents: James A. Reed and Dixie, nee Hulsizer, Reed Luther
- Step-Father: Gene Luther
- Step-Sister: Nancee Lee Clark
- Aunt and Uncle: Joan and Robert Tarr
- Many other loved ones.
Surviving are her:
- Daughter: Heather L. Scobbie of Belleville, Illinois
- Significant Other: Mike W. Feigl of Belleville, Illinois
- 2 Brothers:
- Daniel Reed of Iowa
- Kenneth Reed of Tilden, Illinois
- Sister: Denise (Keith) Metcalf of Mills River, North Carolina
- 2 Step-Brothers:
- Bill (Theresa) Luther of Saint Louis, Missouri
- Thomas (Linda) Luther of Waterloo, Illinois
- Ex-Husband: David Scobbie of Belleville, Illinois
- Many Nieces, Nephews, and too many friends to write down but they all know who they are; lots she met growing up and lots while growing old.
He Only Takes the Best
God saw you were getting tired,
and a cure was not to be,
So he put His arms around you,
and whispered, “Come with me.”
With tearful eyes and heavy hearts,
we watched you fade away.
Although we loved you dearly,
we could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
working hands were put to rest.
God broke our hears to prove to us,
He only takes the best.
Memorials: Memorials may be made to Hospice of Southern Illinois.
Funeral: A Celebration of Life will be held Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 6:00pm in the Empire Room at Bel Air Bowl, Belleville, IL.