Melvin H. Murray
January 10, 1955 - July 2, 2017
Service Date: July 7, 2017
Melvin H. Murray, 62 Years, of Addieville, Illinois, born Monday, January 10, 1955, in DuQuoin, IL, died Sunday, July 2, 2017 at his residence.
Melvin worked as a Logistics Commander for Federal Government in the United States Air Force. He was a United States Air Force Veteran.
Melvin was a Retired Lt. Colonel, US AF, with 23 years of service in the Air Force. He went to Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, 1980 and trained as an Electronic Warfare Officer – Mather AFB, Castle AFB, Atwater, CA.
He served in:
- 644th Bombardment Squad (SAC) on B-52H at K1 Sawyer AFB, MI
- 328th Bombardment Heavy Squadron (SAC), Castle AFB, Atwater, CA
- 384th Bombardment Wing (H) (SAC) – McConnell AFB, Wichita, KS
- 384th Bomb Wing (ACC), McConnell AFB, Wichita, KS
- Commander 384th Transportation Squadron, McConnell AFB, Wichita, KS
- Directorate of Plans, HQ Pacific AForces, Hickam, AFB, Hawaii
- Commander, 35th Transportation Command (PACAF), Misawa Air Base, Japan
- Director of Operations & Deputy Commander of Johnson Atoll – Albuquerque Field Ops
- Defense Threat Reduction Agency
- He then returned to Scott AFB and served Hdqts, TACC until retiring May 1, 2003
After retiring, he joined Dynamics Research Corp then left to play with his dogs, grow vegetables, and golf.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Father, Edward Lee Murray
Surviving are his:
- Wife, Lindy nee Williams, Murray of Addieville, IL
- Haley (Jason) Biehl of St. Louis, MO
- Meredith Murray of St. Louis, MO
- Robin Murray of Addieville, IL
- Thomas Murray of St. Louis, MO
- Mother, Janet nee Jent, Murray of DuQuoin, IL
- Brother, John Thomas Murray of DuQuoin, IL
- a Future Grandchild
- Brother-in-Law, Terry (Joan) Williams of Florissant, MO
- Sister-in-Law, Susan Williams of Fairview Heights, IL
- Dear Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins
- Faithful Companions, Bogart and Ginny
Memorials: In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Illinois Center for Autism.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm Friday, July 7, 2017 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Private Funeral Service with Father Clyde Grogan officiating.