Lloyd Donald Stancliff
November 27, 1927 - June 30, 2017
Service Date: July 7, 2017
Lloyd Donald Stancliff, 89, of Belleville, IL, born Sunday, November 27, 1927, in East Alton, IL, died Friday, June 30, 2017, at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Lloyd worked as a Inspector/Broker for A.B. Clark Insurance Agency. He was a member of Westview Baptist Church, Swansea, IL, and a graduate of Washington University. He was a member of the US Army Reserves and served in World War II and the Korean War. He was also active with the Boy Scouts of America Troop #42 (Belleville) and was a founding member of the Shiloh Valley Muzzleloaders, serving as treasurer for 25 years. Lloyd was an avid golfer for 40+ years, and he enjoyed hunting and fishing.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Wife: Joan E., nee Bourdeaux, Stancliff
- Parents: Verdie R. and Ida I., nee Sessions, Stancliff
- Brother: Norman Stancliff
Surviving are his:
- Daughter: Kathy (J. Michael) Hagen of Bluffton, SC
- Son: David L. Stancliff of Belleville, IL
- Brother: Richard Stancliff of MI
- Sister: JoAnn Lowe of PA
- Molly Hagen of Bluffton, SC
- Emily Hagen of Alexandria, VA
- Sean N.L. Stancliff of Belleville, IL
- Great-Granddaughter: Skylar Curilla
- Caregiver and Friend: Deb Rosser
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the American Cancer Society or the Boy Scouts of America – Okaw Valley Council.
Visitation: Visitation will be held from 10:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m., July 7, 2017, at Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral Services will be held at 12:15 p.m., July 7, 2017, at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Greg Sutter officiating. Interment will follow at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, MO.