Donald G. Horstman
Donald G. Horstman, 81, of Belleville, IL, born Monday, October 29, 1928, in East St. Louis, IL, died Friday, May 14, 2010 in Rosewood Care Center, Swansea, IL.
Mr. Horstman retired as an estimator and a carpenter for the building trades. He was a member of St. Thomas Episcopal Church He loved to fly, sail, travel and especially loved his wife Betty M.
He was preceded in death by:
- Parents: William and Eva nee Paul Horstman
- Sister: Eloise I. Mueller
- Brother: William Paul Horstman
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Betty Carter Horstman of Belleville, IL
- Son: Mark C. Horstman of Granite City , IL
- Donna (Fiancee James Patton) Covalesky of Mitchell, IL
- Laura (Kenneth) Roberts of Highland, IL
- Step Son: Thomas A. (Susan) Wessel of Belleville, IL
- Dear Sister-in-law: Verna Horstman of Belleville, IL
- 7 Grandchildren
- Cory Covalesky
- Courtney Covalesky
- Lindsey (Jeremy) Stanton
- Kelly (Greg) Voelkel
- Leslie (Jim) Penn
- Audrey Roberts
- Shelby Roberts
- 4 Great Grandchildren
- Nora Stanton
- Milo Stanton
- Stanley Penn
- Benjamin Penn
Memorials: Memorials may be made to St. Thomas Episcopal Church Glen Carbon, IL.
Visitation: Friends may call on Monday, May 17, 2010 from 4-7pm at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 11:00am at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Father Gene Stormer officiating. Interment will follow at Mt. Carmel Cemetery, Belleville, IL.
Condolences left for Donald G. Horstman:
We are so sorry for the pain and trauma that you and Don have suffered and for the terrible grief you are suffering now.
You and Don have been such wonderful friends (cruise buddies/boat people) for Bob and me. We will miss Don's cheerfulness and wonderful friendship.
This is a difficult time for you, but I hope your pleasant memories ease the pain soon.
Love, Bob and Helen
Bob and Helen Lawrence St. Louis MO 63116