Angeline M. Jines
Angeline M. Jines, nee Callico, 87, of Swansea, IL, born Sunday, August 19, 1923, in E. St. Louis, IL, went to heaven on Thursday, January 6, 2011.
Angie was truly one of a kind! She loved her family, old movies and had a heart the size of Texas. She would give you the shirt off her back if you needed it. She was a hard working Italian girl who always persevered. She was a loyal wife, mother, grandmother and friend. She was the only person in her family to graduate from high school and her name is etched into the cornerstone of St. Theresa's Academy. When she was a senior in high school, she sang a solo for the entire school, "Pennies from Heaven!" She was as beautiful on the outside as she was on the inside! We will miss her.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Parents: Gregorio Leo and Mary Ann, nee Lafata, Callico
- Husband: Clyde G. Jines, whom she married December 25, 1942
- Jasper (Isabelle) Callico
- Rose (Ken) Jakowski
- Mary Ann (Charles) McQueen
- Son-in-law: David (Linda) Whiteside
- Grandson: Clyde W. Jines
She leaves behind a:
- Son: Clyde A. Jines of Belleville, IL
- Daughter: Linda, nee Jines, Whiteside of Belleville, IL
- Eight grandchildren
- Thomas Whiteside of Los Angeles, CA
- Michael Whiteside of Los Angeles, CA
- Tyler Whiteside of Los Angeles, CA
- Angel Moore of Somerset, KY
- Rick Jines of Collinsville, IL
- Tony Jines of Maryville, IL
- Jesse Jines of Port Charlotte, FL
- Lisa White of Caseyville, IL
- Brother: Vincent Callico of Belleville, IL
- 6 great-grandchildren
- Many nieces and nephews
- Her neighbor and friend, Teresa
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Children International or The Family of Angeline Jines.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 pm, Friday, January 14, 2011 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL and from 9:30 - 10 am, Saturday, January 15, 2011 at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church.
Funeral: Funeral Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10:00 am Saturday, January 15, 2011 at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church, with Father Jack McEvilly officiating. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, IL