Georgia A. Brawley
Georgia A. Brawley, 93, of O Fallon, Illinois, born Saturday, October 19, 1918, in East Saint Louis, IL, died Wednesday, March 14, 2012 at Rosewood Care Center in Swansea, Illinois.
Georgia was a retired secretary for U. S. Probation Office and was a member of Swansea Church, Swansea Illinois. The family would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to Rosewood Care Center Staff.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Parents: Vergil and Katie nee Horn Brawley
- Brother: Virgil Brawley
- LaVerne Avery
- Helen Steppe
- Anna Fay Brem
Surviving are her:
- Sister: Nellie (Raymond) Ross of Desert Hot Springs, CA
- Sister-in-law: Dorothy Brawley of Fairview Heights, IL
- Nieces and Nephews
- Carolyn Tempel of Henderson, NV
- Judith (Larry) Adams of Henderson, NV
- Cyndia (Dennis) Sale of Fort Meyers, FL
- Terry Back of St. James City, FL
- Penny (Curtis) Jung of Belleville, IL
- Karla (Philip) Souders of Columbia, IL
- Melinda (Larry) Kern of O Fallon, IL
- Great Nieces & Nephews
- Great Great Nieces & Nephews
- Great Great Great Nieces & Nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Hospice of Southern Illinois
Visitation: Friends may call from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm Sunday, March 18, 2012 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 7:00 pm Sunday, March 18, 2012 at Kurrus Funeral Home Chapel, with Rev. Mike Smith officiating. Private family burial will be held at Holy Cross Cemetery, Fairview Heights, Illinois
Condolences left for Georgia A. Brawley:
Sorry For Your Loss. Please accept this electronic message in lieu of a Sympathy Card. Local National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE) volunteers provide help in reporting the death of any federal civilian retiree or a retirees spouse to proper authorities. They will explain the process as needed and report the death to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) for you. The NARFE Service Center is located in building 50, Scott AFB. You may visit the Service Center on Tuesdays, 10AM to 2PM or call 618-256-9350. You may leave a voice mail message at other times and we will return your call the following Tuesday. You may also call either of our Service Officers, Gene Wiggins at 618 566-7980 or Dean Hemmer at 618 233-3819, for immediate assistance if required.
Gene Wiggins MASCOUTAH IL 62258