Ada Louise Kays
Ada Louise Kays, nee Muilberger, 95, of Collinsville, Illinois, and formerly of East Saint Louis, IL, born Sunday, September 19, 1915, in Kinmundy, IL, passed away at 5:03pm Friday, August 12, 2011.
Mrs. Kays grew up in Edgewood, IL, moving to East St. Louis, Il in 1932 to complete her education, and married her husband, Wallace F. Kays, on May 17, 1934. She was a long-time member of First Christian Church, now Crossroad Christian Church of Caseyville, IL, where she served as CWF President, member of the choir, deaconess, and 25 years as financial secretary, In addition, she was a member and soloist for Rob Morris Chapter 98 O.E.S., a member of the DAR, Royal Neighbors and a 25 year volunteer at Anderson Hospital. She was the great-granddaughter of Charles L. Muilberger, first mayor of Caseyville. She will be remembered for the love and special times she had with her family as a devoted mother and grandmother.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: Wallace Kays,who died on November 16, 1990
- Parents: Harry and Nora nee Smith Muilberger of Edgewood
Surviving are her:
- Patty (Jim) Buckhannon of Collinsville
- Carol (Don) Brookshier of Troy,
- Nine grandchildren
- Lisa (Bill) Dorris of Maryville
- Brian (Shawna) Buckhannon of LuVerne, Iowa
- Christian (Sarabeth) Moder of Oak Park, IL
- Meredith Moder of Belleville
- Tracy (Roy) Phillips of Troy
- Rebecca Brookshier of San Diego, CA
- Sarah, Paul and Andy Brookshier of Maryville
- Eight- great-grandchildren
- Ashley and Brittany Trebing
- Ava and Liam Moder
- Noelle Moder
- Kayla and Kelsie Varvel
- Samuel Phillips
- Great great grandchild, Drake Allen Trebing
- Other extended family and friends
Special Thanks: The Family would like to thank Hospice of Southern Illinois for their wonderful care, kindness and support.
Memorials: Memorials may be made to Crossroads Christian Church or Hospice of Southern Illinois.
Visitation: Friends may call from 3 to 7pm Sunday, August 14, 2011 and from 9 to10am Monday, August 15, 2011 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral service in celebration of her life will be held at 10am Monday, August 15, 2011 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Dr. Douglas Cripe officiating Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, Illinois.