Sandra Y. Elliott
Sandra Y. Elliott, nee Blanchard, 63, of Swansea, IL, born Monday, February 17, 1947, in Knoxville, Tennessee, died Thursday, July 1, 2010 at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in Saint Louis, MO.
Mrs. Elliott worked as a substitute grade school teacher at Shiloh Schools and loved being a homemaker. Sandra was the salutatorian at Rule High School class of 1965 in Knoxville, TN. She graduated in 1969 from Carson Newman College in Jefferson City, TN and received her Bachelor of Science in English with honors. She was a member of St. George Episcopal of Belleville, IL
She was preceded in death by her:
- Father: Merritt P. Blanchard
Surviving are her:
- Husband: Chaplain Col USAF Retired Jack W. Elliott
- Mother: Doris nee Davis Blanchard of Belleville, IL
- Melissa (Brian) Absher of Hilton Head, SC
- Courtney (Ben) Schwable of Belleville, IL
- Elizabeth (Dondi) Williamson of Montgomery, AL
- Kimberly (Neal) Harrison of Prattville, AL
- Christopher (Sharon) Elliott of Birmingham, AL
- 12 Grandchildren
Memorials:Memorials may be made to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society or St. George Episcopal Church.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 P.M., Monday, July 5, 2010 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL and from 10-10:30am, Tuesday, July 6, 2010 at St. George Episcopal Church in Belleville, IL
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 10:30am Tuesday, July 6, 2010 at St. George Episcopal Church, with Father Dale Coleman officiating. A luncheon will be served at the church following the service. Interment will then follow at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis, MO.