Margie Alice Howelman
Margie Alice Howelman, nee Dane, 94, born November 7, 1915 near Aurora Springs, Miller County, Missouri, died on Saturday, September 25, 2010 at Four Fountains Convalescent Center in Belleville, IL.
She was married September 8, 1933 Tuscumbia, MO to Earl E. Howelman on Jefferson City, MO. Margie's early married years were spent at Jefferson City, MO. The family moved to Belleville, IL in 1941, where Mr. Howelman was a salesman for Sunshine Biscuit Company until his retirement in 1973. Margie worked until her retirement as a sales lady in downtown Belleville and later at Famous Barr Company in Fairview Heghts, IL. She was a member of St. Paul United Church of Christ in Belleville and will be rememberd by many friends in the area.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: Earl E. Howelman
- Parents: David M. and Zida M. nee Buchanan Dane
- Daughter: Phyllis D. Howelman
- Granddaughter: Jane Howelman Lanter
- Brothers: James and Carl Dane
- Sister: Marie Dane Murdock
- Daughter in law: Joan Wagner Howelman
Surviving are her:
- Son: David Earl (Dolly) Howelman of Bellaire, MI
- 2 Daughters
- Carolyn Sue (Dan) Baltz of Payson, AZ
- Ann (Charlie) Alves of Belleville, IL
- Brother: Lloyd Dane of Concord, NC
- Sister: Bonnie Winters of Jefferson City, MO
- 4 Grandchildren
- Julia Ann Howelman of Chatsworth, CA
- James (Rosei) Baltz of Fremont, CA
- Jennifer C. Baltz of Payson, AZ
- Scott (Karen) Alves of Fairview Heights, IL
- 4 Great Grandchildren
- Caitlin, Alex, and Margaret Lanter of Clayton, MO
- Daniel Baltz of Fremont, CA
Memorials: Memorials may be made to Passages Hospice.
Visitation: Friends may call from noon to 1pm on Thursday, September 30, 2010 at the Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 1:00pm Thursday, September 30, 2010 at Kurrus Funeral Home Chapel with officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, IL.
Condolences left for Margie Alice Howelman:
Aunt Margie I have so many fond, wonderful memories of you. You were the greatest Aunt ever! You will be missed so much!
Catherin Jean Crawford Willoughby OH 44094
I love you Grandma. You are a bright spirit, beloved by God and by so many of us here in this world. May you take with you all of what you came here to learn and experience. Sending you much Love and many Blessings on your journey home!
Our sympathy to all Family Members.
Margie was a fine example for all of us. God Bless
Mabel and Charlie Weik
Charles Weik Belleville Illinois 62221
Please accesp our most sincere condolences on the loss of your mother, grandmother and sister. Margie was a good friend to our mother and a great neighbor when we lived on Belle Crest. We will always remember her glowing smile. Your family will be remembered in our prayers. Sincerely, the family of Helen Brinkman
Kathleen Brinkman Quandt Coulterville IL 62237