Charles S. "Charlie" Phillips
Charles S. "Charlie" Phillips, 90, of Belleville, IL, born Wednesday, July 30, 1919, in Belleville, IL, died Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at St Elizabeth's Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Mr. Phillips worked as a diesel mechanic for Granite City Army Depot. He was a member of St. Henry's Catholic Church in Belleville, IL, Senior Golf in Belleville Area having 2 holes-in-one after his 70th birthday, an avid handyman and craftsman. He also was a U.S. Navy WWII veteran achieving the Good Conduct Medal-1945, European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with three bronze stars, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal with one bronze star, American Campaign Medal, World War II Victory Medal and Navy Occupation Service Medal with "Asia" Clasp.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Wife: Edna Ruth nee Daubach Phillips
- Parents: George S. and Frances nee Suchy Phillips
- George W. Phillips
- William G. Phillips
- Sister: Dorothy Ann Brunken
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Our Lady of the Snows Shrine.
- Carolyn Bommarito of Maricopa, AZ
- Darlene Sheils of Sauget, IL
- Sister: Mildred Kricensky of Lebanon, IL
- Angela Bommarito
- Gina Bommarito
- Melissa Sheils
- Michael Sheils
- Great Grandchildren
- Evan Hutchinson
- Dylan Aubrey
- Lillian Sheils
- Brother-in-law: Milton Simunich of St. Louis, MO
- Rose Phillips of Belleville, IL
- Helen Phillips of Belleville, IL
- Virginia Daubach of Woodriver, IL
- JoAnn Hamlin of Granite City, IL
- Many Loving Nieces & Nephews
Visitation: Friends may call from 10-12:45 P.M., Saturday, February 20, 2010 at the Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL. There will be a prayer service at 12:30pm at the funeral home.
Funeral: Graveside services will be held at 1:00 pm Saturday, February 20, 2010 at Mount Carmel Cemetery Chapel with Father Jose Ancheril officiating. Interment will follow at Mount Carmel Cemetery, Belleville, IL.
Condolences left for Charles S. "Charlie" Phillips: