Martha Jo Iler-Hiebert
Martha Jo Iler-Hiebert, nee Simmons , 80, of O'Fallon, Illinois, born Friday, July 15, 1932, in Centerville, TN, died Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at her daughter's residence in Troy, IL.
Martha Jo was a devoted servant of Jesus Christ, a loving wife, mother, grandmother, and great grandmother. She was a 60 plus year member of Edgemont Bible Church, Fairview Heights, Illinois.
She was preceded in death by her:
- 1st Husband, Howard D. Iler, whom she married on January 5, 1951
- 2nd Husband, Irwin Hiebert, whom she married on January 15, 1977
- Parents: Ira and Sarah nee Creel Simmons
Surviving are her:
- Daughter: Pam (Galen) Skelton of Troy, IL
- Son: H. Darrell (Martha) Iler Jr. of Greenville, IL
- Josh (Casey) Skelton
- Lindsay (Tim) Vogt
- James (Kiffen) Iler
- Emily Iler
- Sarah Iler
- Brother: Edward (Shirley) Simmons of Fairview Heights, IL
- Ann (Richard) Wampler of Pottstown, PA
- Jessie Lukowsky of Belleville, IL
- Many beloved nieces and nephews
- Sister-in-law: Nadine Olsson of TX
- Thomas (Charlene) Hiebert
- Gordon (Joan) Hiebert
- Curtis (Charlyn) Hiebert
- Ellen (Richard) Beary
- Daniel Hiebert
- Christopher (Christina) Hiebert
- Jeff (Karen) Hiebert
- Aaron (Heidi) Hiebert
- Renee (Tim) Chandler
- Diana (Josh) Suh
- Carolyn Suh
- Howard Suh
- David (Alina) Beary
- Allison Beary
- Jonathon (Cassandra) Beary
- Daniel (Allison) Beary
- Amber (Adam) Melton
- Laura Hiebert
- Rachel Hiebert
- Rebecca Hiebert
- Step-Great Grandchildren
- Hazel Hiebert
- Alexis and Samuel Hiebert
- Danielle, Madison, Timmy, Zevyn, and Jocelyn Chandler
- Nicholas Suh
- Ethan, Katelyn, and Madeline Beary
- Hayden and Grenely Beary
- Dylan Melton
Jo's family extends sincere and profound thanks to Heartland Hospice. Words are inadequate to express our depth of gratitude for the wisdom, expertise, kindness, compassion, and spiritual leadership that your staff of angels shared so bountifully with Jo and her family. You are truly "vessels fit for the Master's use!"
Memorials: Memorials may be made to Edgemont Bible Church
Memorial Service: Memorial Service to be held at 10:30 am on Saturday, October 27, 2012 at Edgemont Bible Church in Fairview Heights, IL with the Rev. Doug White officiating.
Condolences left for Martha Jo Iler-Hiebert:
So sorry for your loss. I am and old family friend of Tom, Gordon,Curt, Ellen and Daniel. Our thoughts and prayers will be with all of you at this time.
Beverly Heberer Cox
Beverly Heberer Cox Jonesborough TN 37659
Dear Jo and I were youngsters together in Edgemont years ago. We remained close friends through the years. My sympathy to her family and all of us who loved her.
Margaret E. Smith Fairview Heights IL 62408
Mrs. Hiebert was a tireless worker for the Lord. Her rewards will be well earned and glorious. Sympathy to her family and those who loved her.
Carole Kay Smith Belleville IL 62220
I was so sorry to hear of the loss of Mrs Jo Hiebert. She was a fine lady & always very kind to me & my family. Hugs to all who knew her. Job well done.
Peggy Smith Brem California