Gene E. Barnard
Gene E. Barnard, 85, of Glen Carbon, IL, born Sunday, March 1, 1925, in East St. Louis, IL, died Saturday, August 14, 2010 in Eden Village in Glen Carbon, IL.
Mr. Barnard was a retired electrical engineer for McDonnell Douglas in St. Louis, MO and a feature writer for Troy Times-Tribune. He was a member of First United Presbyterian Church in Belleville, IL, a Helmsmen Mariners at the Church, an honorary member of Friends of the Lovejoy Library advisory board and a U.S. WWII Navy Veteran.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Wife: Margaret Jean Barnard
- Parents: Virgil and Stella nee Brich Barnard
Surviving are his:
- Phillip (Jackie) Daley of Worden, IL
- Richard Daley of Alexandria, VA
- Sister-in-law: Mildred Daley of Glen Carbon, IL
- Great Nieces
- June Daley of St. Louis, MO
- Julie (Paul) Head of Troy, IL
- Great Great Niece: Chelsea Hettenhausen
- Great Great Nephews
- Joel Hettehausen
- Gage Aycock
- Seth Aycock
- Gavin Head
- Silas Head
Memorials: In Lieu of flowers memorials may be made to Hospice of Southern Illinois.
Funeral: Memorial services will be held at 1:00 pm Thursday, August 26, 2010 at First United Presbyterian Church with Rev. Alex Hendrickson officiating. Private interment will be held at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis, MO.
Condolences left for Gene E. Barnard: