LaVerne (Brawley) Avery
Laverne (Brawley) Avery, 89, formerly of Fairview Heights, Ill., passed away Thursday, March 25, 2010, in Henderson, NV. Mrs Avery was born Sunday, October 31, 1920 in East St. Louis, Ill,
LaVerne was a homemaker and mother. She moved to Bradenton, FL, in 1977 with her husband "Bob" and resided there until December 2009 when she moved to Henderson, NV.
LaVerne was preceded in death by her:
- Husband of 69 years: Robert Avery
- Parents: Virgil and Katie (nee Horn) Brawley
- Sister: Helen Steppe
She is survived by:
- Carolyn Tempel of Henderson, NV
- Judith (Larry )Adams of Henderson, NV
- Brother: Virgil Brawley of Fairview Heights, Ill
- Georgia Brawley of Fairview Heights, Ill
- Anna Fay Brem of Fairview Heights, Ill
- Nell (Ray) Ross of Indio, CA
- Holly Tempel of Henderson, NV
- Jeffrey Tempel of Henderson, NV
- Laura (Steve) McCullen of Durham, NC
- Kyle Adams of Henderson, NV
- Four great grandchildren
- Many nieces and nephews
Visitation: Friends may call from 3 to 6 p.m. Monday, April 5, 2010, at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Ill.
Funeral: Graveside services will be at 1:00pm Tuesday, April 6, 2010 at Valhalla Gardens of Memory in Belleville, IL with Rev. Wilson Wickiser officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory.
Condolences left for LaVerne (Brawley) Avery: