Wayne Nichols, 78, of Swansea, Illinois, born Tuesday, May 30, 1933, in Dexter, MO, died Thursday, May 3, 2012 at his residence.
Wayne retired as a maintenance supervisor for Morris Township Sewer Department in New Jersey in 1997 and then moved to Illinois and became a member of St. Matthew United Methodist Church in Belleville, IL.
Wayne loved the time he spent with his wife, Glenda Sue and getting together with his family and grandchildren. He leaves behind a life well-lived for his Lord, and many treasured memories that his loved one will cherish forever.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Ezra Harl and Ruby F. nee Hazlip Nichols
- Son: Thomas Harl Nichols
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Glenda Sue nee Gibbs Nichols
- Philip Nichols of Saint Louis, MO
- Robert Nichols of Roseburg, OR
- Donna (Tim) MacHale of Randolph, NJ
- Pam (Doug) Carter of Avon By The Sea, NJ
- Brother: Darrell Nichols of Collinsville, IL
- Velta (Bud) Rice of Alexander, AR
- Bonnie (Al) Pajda of Belleville, IL
- Norma (Frank) Avry of Lebanon, IL
- Lorna (Tom) Kaiser of Belleville, IL
- Carolyn (Dave) Wolfson of Shiloh, IL
- Michelle Nichols
- Nick Nichols
- Danny Nichols
- Michael Nichols
- Emily MacHale
- Ryan MacHale
- Alex Carter
- Caroline Carter
- Cameron MacHale
- Rebecca Carter
- Great Granddaughter: Shanna Lee Nichols
- Dear Nieces and Nephews
Special Thanks: A special thanks to his doctors and Hospice of Southern Illinois for their care and advice..
Memorials: In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to the Hospice of Southern Illinois
Visitation: Friends may call from 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Saturday, May 5, 2012 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Memorial service will be held at 3:00 pm Saturday, May 5, 2012 at Kurrus Funeral Home Chapel, with Rev. Larry Patton officiating. There will be a private family interment.
Condolences left for Wayne Nichols:
We are so sorry for your loss. Wayne was a genuine person and will be loved and remembered by many, including his neighbors. Loving thoughts and prayers continue for you and your family.
Keith & Lorraine Cange & Family Swansea IL 62226