Robert L. "Bob" Hayhurst
Robert L. "Bob" Hayhurst, 84, of Swansea, Illinois, born Tuesday, May 24, 1927, in Jacksonville, IL, died Thursday, December 22, 2011 at Rosewood Care Center in Swansea, IL.
Robert worked as a technician for RCA where he worked for over 38 years. He was a founding member and elder of Central Christian Church O'Fallon Illinois. He loved playing tennis at St. Clair Indoor for over 25 years and loved sailing with his good friend Rodney Fant. He also was an U.S. Navy veteran that served in World War II.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Wife: Doris L. nee Heilig Hayhurst
- Parents: Harold and Ethel nee Owings Hayhurst
- Brother: Kenneth Hayhurst
Surviving are his:
- Robert " Len" L. (Joyce) Hayhurst Jr. of Mc Greggor, TX
- Kevin "Mike" Hayhurst of Westerville, OH
- Arthur "Art" Hayhurst of Belleville, IL
- Thomas (Vi) Hayhurst of Marion, OH
- Dean (Greta) Hayhurst of Vero Beach, FL
- Sisters-in-law: Shirley Wright of Fairview Heights, IL
- Brandee (Jamie) Gruener of NC
- Scott (Amy) Hayhurst of Collinsville, IL
- Teresa (John) Spinks of TX
- Wendi Hayhurst of OH
- Lucy Hayhurst of NC
- Paul Hayhurst of IN
- Grant Hayhurst of Swansea, IL
- Brianna Hayhurst
- Mackenzie Hayhurst
- Molly Spinks
- Natalie Gruener
- Jack Spinks
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Alzheimer's Association, Central Christian Church or donor's choice.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4 pm - 8 pm Tuesday, December 27, 2011, at Kurrus Funeral Home, 1773 Frank Scott Parkway West, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 10 am Wednesday, December 28, 2011at Kurrus Funeral Home with Rev. Darren McCormick officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, Illinois.
Condolences left for Robert L. "Bob" Hayhurst: