Jack R. Sargeant, LT. Col. USAF (Ret.)
Jack R. Sargeant, LT. Col. USAF (Ret.) 90, of Belleville, Illinois, born Thursday, July 28, 1921, in Cincinnati, OH, died Friday, December 23, 2011 at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Jack retired from the U.S. Air Force after serving for 27 years. He was a veteran of World War II, Korean Conflict and Vietnam War. He also was a former member of Belleville Elks Lodge.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Samuel A. and Melissa nee Cain, Sargeant
- Sister: Jane Wankleman
Surviving are his:
- Wife of 66 years: Shirley G. nee Gibbs, Sargeant of Belleville, IL,
- Thomas A. (Cheryl) Sargeant of Enid, OK
- Judith S. (Mark) Kampen of O Fallon, IL
- Christa (Thomas) Bartok of Greenwood, AK
- Douglas (Torrye) Kampen of Zionsville, IN
- Renee Rhanor of Chicago, IL
- 10 Great-Grandchildren
- Chyloh Bartok
- Rebekah Bartok
- Angelah Bartok
- Aliannah Bartok
- Sarah Bartok
- Faith Bartok
- Lindah Bartok
- Mariah Bartok
- John-Paul Bartok
- Brooks Kampen
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Belleville Human Society.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm Monday, December 26, 2011 at Kurrus Funeral Home, 1773 Frank Scott Parkway West, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 12:45 pm Tuesday, December 27, 2011 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Richard Ellerbrake officiating. Interment will follow at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, Missouri.
Condolences left for Jack R. Sargeant, LT. Col. USAF (Ret.):