Virginia Wilson, nee Babka, 89, of Belleville, Illinois, born Monday, November 28, 1921, in Saint Louis, MO, died Thursday, August 18, 2011 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, Illinois.
Mrs. Wilson was the Owner of Galaxy Wigs and also worked for the Ballistic Missile Defense Systems Command. She was a member of First Baptist Church of Fairview Heights and in the Jay Group of the Church. She was a St. Clair County Election Judge in the St. Clair Precinct 6 and was a member of the Secretary's Guild of America.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: Edward R. Wilson
- Parents: Frank and Imogene Irene, nee Niehaus, Babka
- Sister-in-Law: Anne Babka
Surviving are her:
- Son: Terry C. (Janice) Jennings of Belleville, IL
- Brother: Frank V. Babka of Fairview Heights, IL
- Brian (Claire) Babka of Belleville, IL
- Frank "Tim" (Nina) Babka of Belleville, IL
- Marshella Jennings of St. Louis, MO
- Guy Jennings of St. Louis, MO
- Antoine Lawrence of Kansas City, MO
- Great-Grandchild: Doni Moore
- Niece: Barbara A. (Ted Williams) Babka of Ft. Collins, CO
- Great Nieces
- Jessica Babka
- Stephanie Babka
- Jennifer Babka
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the First Baptist Church of Fairview Heights, IL.
Visitation: Friends may call from 10:00 am - 11:00 am Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 11:00 am Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Bryan Webb officiating Interment will follow at Mount Hope Cemetery, Belleville, Illinois.
Condolences left for Virginia Wilson:
Sorry For Your Loss. Please accept this electronic message in lieu of a Sympathy Card. Local National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE) volunteers provide help in reporting the death of any federal civilian retiree or a retirees spouse to proper authorities. They will explain the process as needed and report the death to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) for you. The NARFE Service Center is located in building 50, Scott AFB. You may visit the Service Center on Tuesdays, 10AM to 2PM or call 618-256-9350. You may leave a voice mail message at other times and we will return your call the following Tuesday. You may also call the Service Officer, Gene Wiggins, for immediate assistance if required at 618-566-7980
Gene Wiggins MASCOUTAH IL 62258