Robert L. Hocking
Robert L. Hocking, 79, of Fairview Heights, IL, born Friday, February 5, 1932, in Jacksonville, Illinois, died Friday, March 25, 2011 at his residence.
Mr. Hocking was retired from the maintenance department at St. Clair County Jail. He was a member of VFW Post 7980 in Millstadt, IL and a Korean War U.S. Navy veteran.
He was preceded in death by:
- Parents: Oliver L. and Mary nee Mansfield Hocking
- Son: Daniel Hocking
- Sister: Elizabeth Richards
Surviving are his:
- Wife: M. Louise nee Stell Hocking
- Son: Ronald D. Hocking of Belleville, IL
- Daughter: Debbie (Max) Lindemann of Belleville, IL
- Paul Staley of Belleville, IL
- Cassandra "Sis" Staley of Fairview Heights, IL
- April Lopez of Alton, IL
- Dee (Linda) Hocking of Franklin, IL
- Wendell (Norma Fay) Hocking of Springfield, IL
- Sister: Norma Jean (P.K.) Johnson, NC
- Granddaughter: Casey E. Lindemann of Mascoutah, IL
- 8 Step Grandchildren
- Special Friend: "Midge"
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Heartland Hospice.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-7 P.M., Sunday, March 27, 2011 at the Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 7:00 pm Sunday, March 27, 2011 at Kurrus Funeral Home Chapel. Private family interment will held at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis, MO.
Condolences left for Robert L. Hocking:
Ron & Deb,
So sorrry to hear about Bob's passing.
We lost my Pop to cancer a year and a half ago.
It hurts like all hell, but I can tell you, that everyday it gets a little bit better.
A mighty Oak has fallen.
Rock with Hock!
Love, The Pimp and Marty
John B Smith, Jr Mascoutah Il 62258