Georgia Hasselberg, nee Graham, 86, of Staples, MN, born Tuesday, November 22, 1924, in East St. Louis, IL, died Friday, April 15, 2011 at Lakewood Care Center in Staples, MN.
Mrs. Hasselberg resided in Kansas City and St. Louis, MO, then returned to live in East St. Louis before she married Rueben on June 3, 1978 and moved to Staples, MN. Georgia attended Staples Methodist Church as long as she was able, after which she received weekly sermons on tape. Before her death she resided, with Rueben, at Lakewood Health System Care Center since 2010. She was a 50+ year member of the Order of the Eastern Star. She loved antiquing and collectables, especially chickens. For many years, Georgia and Rueben maintained a booth with collectables at the old Hatchers store in Staples. Georgia also enjoyed auctions, where she found all sorts of "goodies" to sell at the numerous sales she and Rueben held whenever weather permitted.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Parents: Edward and Viola, nee Schneider, Graham
- Edward Graham
- Kenneth Graham
- Sister-in-Law: Wilma Graham
- Son-in-Law: Gene Rickert
- Infant Granddaughter
Surviving are her:
- Husband: Rueben Hasselberg
- Jacqueline "Jackie" (Special Friend - Howard Harpstrite) Rickert of Trenton, IL
- Janet (Ed) Harris, Jeffersonville, IN
- John (Nicole) Rickert of Belleville, IL
- David Harris of Grand Forks, ND
- Cheryl (Charles) Waller of Auburn, GA
- Ed Huddleston of Louisville, KY
- Mary (Shane) Blankenship of Jeffersonville, IN
- Dennis (Karla) Graham of St. Louis, MO
- Lauren & Logan Rickert of Belleville, IL
- Brad Hinkle of Louisville, KY
- Megan Waller of Auburn, GA
- Michael Harris of Grand Forks, ND
- Ethan & Bailey Blankenship of Jeffersonville, IN
- David (Annalissa) Graham of Chicago, IL
- Great-Great-Grandchild: Norah Devore of Louisville, KY
- David (Sandy) Hasselberg of Lakeville, MN
- Glen (Becky) Hasselberg of Staples, MN
- Joe (Barbara) Hasselberg of Motley, MN
- 5 Step-Grandchildren
- 6 Step-Great-Grandchildren
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Donor's Choice.
Visitation: Friends may call from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm, Saturday, April 23, 2011 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL. An Eastern Star service will be held at 12:00 noon.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 1:00 pm Saturday, April 23, 2011 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Rev. Dr. Douglas Cripe officiating. Interment will follow at Walnut Hill Cemetery, Belleville, IL.