Robert "Bob" Ellison
Robert "Bob" Samuel Ellison, 82, of Belleville, Illinois, born Thursday, July 25, 1929, in Williamsburg, KY, died Friday, November 11, 2011 at his residence in Belleville.
Bob worked as a Locomotive Engineer for Terminal Railroad for 36 years. He was a member of Winstanley Baptist Church, Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers. He was a World War II Army veteran.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Sam and Myrtle nee Hayes, Ellison
- Sister: Ruth Martin
Surviving are his:
- Wife of 58 years: Mary Sue, nee Brooks, Ellison of Belleville, Illinois
- Daughter: Rebecca Ann Stokes (Robert E. Piker) of Belleville, IL
- Granddaughter: Patricia L. nee Yocks, Lyles and Fiance Dennis L. Lloyd of O'Fallon, IL
- Tiffany L. Parker and Fiance Trevor J. Kelly of Fairview Hgts., IL
- James T. Lyles III of O'Fallon, IL
- Samuel D. Lyles of O'Fallon, IL
- Gr. Great Grandson: Brayden J. Kelly
Memorials: Memorials may be made to Winstanley Baptist Church or American Cancer Society
Visitation: Friends may call from 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM Sunday, November 13, 2011 at the Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 1:30 PM Monday, November 14, 2011 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Dr. Steve Phillips and Rev. Jim Houpt officiating Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, Illinois.
Condolences left for Robert "Bob" Ellison:
Uncle Bob - always so kind and so much fun. May God comfort you all and hold you close now and always.
nancy brooks miller Champaign IL 61820