Dorsey "Doris" M. Schaeffer
Dorsey "Doris" M. Schaeffer, nee Munn, 83, of Caseyville, IL, born Thursday, November 1, 1928, in East. St. Louis, IL, died Saturday, June 16, 2012 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Doris worked as an LPN at the Lincoln Home Nursing Facility and Kaleidoscope of Kids Daycare. She was a member of Holy Cross Lutheran Church Collinsville IL.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: John D. Schaeffer III
- Father: James T. Munn
- Mother: Josephine nee McCaw Kell
- Daughter: Bettie Jo Maher
- Granddaughter: Lindsey Moore
- Sister: Bettie Owens
- Brother: James T. Munn Jr.
- Great Granddaughter: Kayla M. Amos
Surviving are her:
- Nancy (Tom) Wente of Collinsville, IL
- Linda (Tim) Donohue of Granite City, IL
- John (Brenda) Schaeffer IV of Collinsville, IL
- Dianna (Jimmie) Moore of Collinsville, IL
- William F. (Brenda) Schaeffer of O Fallon, IL
- Brother: Timothy (Jeanna) Munn of Freeburg, IL
- Gloria Rose of Swansea, IL and Friend Jerry Feinberg
- Shirley (Robert) Boelk of Lancaster, OH
- Patricia (Neal) Gardner of CO
- 18 Grandchildren
- 29 Great Grandchildren
- 5 Great Great Grandchildren
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Holy Cross Lutheran Church.
Visitation: Friends may call on Tuesday June 19, 2012 from 4-8 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL and Wednesday June 20, 2012 from 9:30 - 10:30, at Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Collinsville,IL .
Funeral: Funeral services will be held 10:30a.m. on Wednesday June 20, 2012 at Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 304 South Str Collinsville, IL 62234 with Pastor William Engfehr officiating Interment will follow at Glen Carbon Cemetery in Glen Carbon, IL.
Condolences left for Dorsey "Doris" M. Schaeffer:
May the comfort of God help you during this difficult time. We are thinking of you, and send you all our love.
Brandi Maher Buckeye Arizona 85326
Sincerely regret not being able to attend visitation. Our heartfelt condolences to all who knew and loved her.
I will always remember being together as a family when I was little with Jack, Doris, Nancy, Linda, David and Bill who was a good friend.
My sister Doris was always very kind to me and I remember her great sense of humor and love for her family.
Please accept our condolences and have the hope that Jesus Christ as the first born of all those resurrected from the dead will remember all those who pass in death and will welcome them back to a paradise earth in the near future.
Timothy Munn Freeburg Illinois 62243