Kenneth E. Bolinger
Kenneth E. Bolinger, 91, of Fairview Heights, IL, born Tuesday, May 7, 1918, in Salem, IL, died Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at his residence.
Rev. Bolinger was loved by his wife and family as a faithful and loving husband and provider. He enjoyed hunting and fishing and was a skilled craftsman in several building trades, especially his secular vocation as a steamfitter. He was a devoted Christian and was a licensed minister with the United Pentecostal Church International for 59 years. He founded the Apostolic Bible Church in Lansing, Michigan, where he served as pastor for 27 years.
He served the United Pentecostal Church of Murphysboro, IL as Pastor for 3 years and was Pastor of First United Pentecostal Church of Belleville, IL (now known as Christ the King Apostolic Church of O'Fallon, IL) for 5 years. He was serving there as Pastor Emeritus at the time of his death.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II and was a 50 year member of Pipefitters Local 333 in Lansing, MI.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Parents: H. Lee and Maude, nee Plew, Bolinger
- Daughter: Janice Bolinger
- Son: Stanley Bolinger
- Sister: Opal Bolinger Fry
- Victor Bolinger
- Elwin Bolinger
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Christ the King Apostolic Church.
- Wife: Mildred "Jewel", nee Miller, Bolinger
- Charles (Judy) Bolinger of Lansing, MI
- Steve (Sally) Bolinger of Durand, MI
- Robert (Carol) Bolinger of Godfrey, IL
- Neil (Nell) Bolinger of Nobelsville, IN
- Bruce (Fredia) Bolinger of Morrow, OH
- Keith (Karen) Bolinger of Swartz Creek, MI
- Kenneth A. (Tanya) Bolinger of Nashville, TN
- Duane (Nancy) Bolinger of Johnston, IA
- Ruth (Rev. Larry) Blake of Fairview Heights, IL
- Becky (Steve) Sullivan of Belleville, IL
- Margaret Young of CA
- Clara Miller of FL
- Daughter-in-Law: Kathy Bolinger
- 26 Grandchildren
- Numerous Great-Grandchildren
Visitation: Friends may call from 5-9 pm Friday, January 15, 2010 at Christ the King Apostolic Church, 6920 Old Collinsville Road, O'Fallon, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 11 am Saturday, January 16, 2010 at Christ the King Apostolic Church, with Rev. Larry Blake officiating. Interment will follow at East Lawn Cemetery, Salem, IL.
Condolences left for Kenneth E. Bolinger:
Grandpa, you were truly a great example of what a man should be. You loved God, feared God, and proclaimed God to others as their hope for salvation. You were a great husband, as well as father, and grand/great grand father. We will miss you. You are definitely in a better place which is called Heaven. Love you Grandpa!
Curt Randall bolinger Perrysburg OH - Ohio 43551