Ray Dickey Stark
Ray Dickey Stark, 77, of Belleville, Illinois, born Monday, October 14, 1935, in Sparta, IL, died Sunday, November 11, 2012 at his residence.
Ray was a member of Okawville United Methodist Church, Okawville, IL. He was a Coal Miner for Captain Mine, part-time Police Officer for Steeleville, IL, a truck driver for Gilster-Mary Lee Trucking Co. and retired from the maintenance Department at Marsh Company of Belleville, IL. He was a member of Narrow Road Riders-Christian Motorcycle Club, served in the US Army during Korean Conflict, and was a 32 year sobriety member of AA since August 1980.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: William D. and Vivian I. nee Dickey Stark
- Pet Companion: Little Bit
Surviving are his:
- Tracy (Jane) Davis of Lowestoft-Suffolk, England
- Sharon (Gary) Hepp of Steeleville, IL
- Ghillaine Parks-Weck of Belleville, IL
- Roberta Jean Stark of Lenzburg, IL
- Sister: Phyllis (Melvin) Lark of Belleville, IL
- Tanis Courtney Hampton
- Kelly-Lynn Davis
- Jaime Leah Davis
- Nicholas Parks
- Hugh Weck
- Jamie Nicole Pearson
- Jocelyn Renae Stark
- Great-Granddaughter: Irelyn Abrea Miller
- Niece: Nancy (Dan) Schwaegel
- Nephew: David (Debbie) Lark
- Dear Friends
- Roger (Pam) McDaniel of O'Fallon, IL
- Ben (Sheila) Eschenfelder of Lebanon, IL
- Special Friend: Carolyn Beamer of Okawville, IL
- Extended AA Family and Friends
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Alcoholics Anonymous of Belleville, IL and Hospice of Southern Illinois.
Visitation: Friends may call from 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm Thursday, November 15, 2012 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral procession will leave from Kurrus Funeral Home at 9:45 am for a 10:30 am funeral service Friday, November 16, 2012 at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery with Rev. Darrell Young officiating. By his request, cremation was held.
Condolences left for Ray Dickey Stark:
You were a very important part of my life and of course Roy's. I know he met you on your journey. I will miss you and was blessed to have known you. Love, Cindy
Cindy Harkness O'Fallon IL 62269