Lois L. Filla
Lois L. Filla, nee Moose, 82, of Belleville, IL, born Wednesday, September 25, 1929, in Granite City, IL passed away Thursday, September 20, 2012 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, IL with members of her family by her side.
Lois graduated from East St. Louis High School in June 1946. Her working career included sales for Davis Furniture Store in East St. Louis, IL, which was the family business, court clerk at the St. Clair County Courthouse, secretary for Curlee Clothing Company in St. Louis, MO, the Veterans Service office at Belleville Area College, Harry O. Johnston at Laclede's Landing and Clayton, MO, and sales for Schenks Mapleland in Belleville, IL, Dillards, Details Furniture and Design, and La-Z-Boy Furniture in Fairview Heights, IL.
Lois was a sustaining member of the Junior Service Club, joining in 1958 and serving as president from 1966-1967.
She was preceded in death by:
- First Husband: Leon E. Davis
- Parents: Chalmer and Virginia nee Crenshaw, Moose
- Sister and Brother-in-law: Patricia and Richard Rauckman
- Grandson: Adam Davis
- Nephew: Don Rauckman
- Stepson: Gary Filla
- Husband: Ray Filla of Belleville, IL
- Susan (Bob) Bagley of Belleville, IL
- Nancy Davis of Belleville, IL
- Son: Jay Davis of Farmington, MN
- Brother: Bob (Lila) Moose of Belleville, IL
- Brenna (Jason) Fischer of Millstadt, IL
- Jenna Davis of Belleville, IL
- Amy Davis of Minneapolis, MN
- Great grandchildren
- Bryce Fischer of Millstadt, IL
- Kyle Fischer of Millstadt, IL
- Beloved Cocker Spaniel: George W.
- Many dear cousins, nephews, nieces and friends
We called her Lois, Mom, Mumsey, NaNa, Grandma, G-Ma, and Sis and we believe she would say to us,
I won't be far away, for life goes on.
So if you need me, call, and I will come.
Though you can't see me or touch me, I'll be near;
and if you listen with your heart,
you'll hear all my love around you, soft and clear.
Special Thanks: The family would like to thank Lois' caring neighbors, her doctor, Beatriz Ramos-Pardo and her staff, the Barber-Voss Home Care team, BJC Home Care team, the two EMTs from Abbott Lifesource Ambulance, and the outstanding staff at the Memorial Care Center, Memorial Emergency Department, and Memorial Hospital. Thank you for all you did.
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Concert Series at St. Matthew United Methodist Church
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-7 pm on Sunday, September 23, 2012 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 11:30 am Monday, September 24, 2012 at Kurrus Funeral Home with Rev. Robert Souders officiating. Interment will follow at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, MO.