James "Ray" Hancock
James "Ray" Hancock, 92, of Swansea, Illinois, born Thursday, April 18, 1918, in West Frankfort, Illinois, died Monday, November 8, 2010 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Mr. Hancock was a retired office manager for Thompson/Godfrey Asphalt Co. for 30 years. He was a member of Towerview Baptist Church in Belleville, IL, Disabled American Veterans, Memorial Hospital Auxiliary for 20 years and U.S. WWII Coast Guard Veteran.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Wife: Fern E. Hancock
- Parents: Ray and Iona nee Blocker Hancock
- Daughter: Jamie Rae Hancock
- Brother-in-law: Gene Walker
Surviving are his:
- James M. (Beverly) Hancock of Addieville, IL
- Joseph R. Hancock of Helena, MT
- John E. (Karen) Hancock of Collinsville, IL
- Jane E. (Darryl) Briggs of Belleville, IL
- Simon (Mary) Hancock, New Mexico
- Harry (Darlene) Hancock of Johnson City, IL
- John (Sandy) Hancock of Salem, IL
- Mike (Bonita) Hancock of Villa Ridge, IL
- Mary Walker of Olmsted, IL
- Rae Ann (Bob) Ward of Marion, IL
- Carl "Sonny" Hentz
- Matthew (Elizabeth) Hancock
- Amanda (Jordan) Fleming
- Joseph (Emily) Hancock
- Jessica Briggs
- Samantha Briggs
- Mandy Mueller
- Nathan (Kristine) Mueller
- Abby, Madison and Sophia Hancock
- Hannah, Delilah and Isaac Fleming
- Raymond and Alexander Hentz
- Ryder Mueller
- Special Friend and Companion: Helen L. Stallons
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Towerview Baptist Church.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 P.M., Wednesday, November 10, 2010 at the Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, IL and from 9:30-10:30 A.M. Thursday, November 11, 2010 at Towerview Baptist Church in Belleville, IL
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 10:30 am Thursday, November 11, 2010 at Towerview Baptist Church, with Rev. Ron Woods officiating. Interment will follow at St. John's Cemetery, Collinsville, IL.
Condolences left for James "Ray" Hancock:
"The angels are always near to those who are grieving to whisper to them that their loved ones are safe in the hands of God". Eileen Elias Freeman
Though we are saddened by the loss of our loved one, there is joy in the world beyond as those who have gone on before are reunited. May peace and comfort be with the family who must remain behind.
Steve Chesley Helena Montana 59601