Kenneth J. Johnson
Kenneth J. Johnson, 89, of Swansea, IL formerly of Smithton, IL and Doniphan, MO, born Wednesday, July 28, 1920, in Drumright, Oklahoma, died Sunday, January 17, 2010 at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Belleville, IL.
Kenneth was the founder and CEO of Kenneth Johnson Agency starting in 1945, a commercial-industrial real estate company which later became known as Johnson Properties. He was an avid fisherman, hunter and gardener. He was past president of E. St. Louis Junior Chamber of Commerce, Past President of Community Progress, Past President of E. St. Louis Board of Realtors, Realtor Emeritus of National Association of Realtors, Treasurer & Board Member of Illinois Association of Realtors, and Past President of Society of Industrial Realtors-St. Louis Chapter. He served two years on Speakers Bureau of National Association of Realtors; an original member and past board member of St. Clair County Building Commission; he served 6 years on the St. Clair County Jury Commission, and served 8 years on E. St. Louis Board of Fire & Police Commission. He was the St. Clair County Campaign Manager for the Kennedy-Johnson ticket in 1960. He was a delegate to the Democratic National Convention in 1968 and 1972.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Parents: Harvey and Hester nee Cowger Johnson
- Brother: Bill Johnson
- Granddaughter: Lori Johnson
Memorials: In Lieu of flowers, Memorials may be made to the Hospice of Southern Illinois or Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- Wife of 64 years: Mary nee Hoffman Johnson of Swansea, IL
- Daughter: Barb Johnson of Swansea, IL
- Greg (Liz) Johnson of Belleville, IL
- Phil (Debbie) Johnson of Swansea, IL
- Stan (Nora) Johnson of Port Washington, NY
- Steve (Debbie) Johnson of Caseyville, IL
- Terry (Julie) Johnson of Caseyville, IL
- Clayton (Lorene) Johnson of Mt. Vernon, IL
- Dale (Ruth) Johnson of Galesburg, IL
- Sister-in-Law: Dorothy Johnson of Marthasville, MO
- Greg (Bonnie) Johnson Jr.
- David (Kate) Johnson
- Brenda (Scott) Klug
- Heather(Joel) Asunskis
- Dan Johnson
- Kim (Steve) Rathke
- Erin (Matt) Barriger
- Josh (Elise) Allison
- Adam Johnson
- Alyssa Johnson
- Jordan Johnson
- Rachel Johnson
- Izzy Johnson
- Seth Aldrich
- 14 Great Grandchildren
Visitation: Friends may call from 4 to 8pm on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Per Kenneth's wishes there will be no funeral service and his body will be cremated after the visitation.
Condolences left for Kenneth J. Johnson: