Minnie P. Paule
Minnie P. Paule, nee Mross, 87, of Fairview Heights, IL, born Sunday, May 6, 1923, in Black Oak, AR, died Thursday, May 27, 2010 at Maryville Manor in Maryville.
Mrs. Paule was Past President of Grant School PTA and a Girl Scout Leader.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: Howard Roland "Johnny" Paule
- Parents: Paul and Alma nee Sisk, Mross
Surviving are her:
- Diane (Tom Strauss) Schutzenhofer of Coleman, TX
- Joanne (Peter, Sr.) Rapp of Fairview Heights, IL
- Deborah (Tom) Wolf of South Manoa, PA
- Special Daughter: Carol Ann (Frank) Zarzecki
- Brian (Theresa) Schutzenhofer
- Amy (Steve) Hamilton
- Susan (Dan) Fox
- Elizabeth (Brian) Lawinger
- Peter (Cari) Rapp, Jr
- Jason (Jana) Rapp
- Brandee Rapp
- Rebecca Wolf
- Thomas (Kassandra) Wolf
- Great Grandma to 17 Wonderful Great-Grandchildren
- Megan, Tucker, Geneva, Sarah, Kevin
- David, James, Carter, Evan, Carson, Millie
- Tray, Tyler, Emma, Caemon, Gabrial and Nadia
A Mother's Chain of Pain - RA
Her beautiful hands so gentle and nimble,
Watching her stitch with a golden thimble.
Her fingers were strong for kneading of bread,
Yet tender for first aid and keeping us fed.
The pages of books would turn with great glee,
Her letter writing was always a marvel to me.
When RA reared it's ugly head,
the days grew more frequent when she stayed in her bed.
Daily chores no longer easy with cruel pain never dormant,
The pages turn slower, the letters less often - Dear God what torment.
First a cane, then a walker and it's time to be carried,
A chuckle from you that it's not quite like "Just Married!"
Her joints so gnarled, gloves traded for mittens, then sandals to slippers,
Clothes worn with no buttons, no snaps and no zippers.
Could this demon destroy this lady of love?
The answer is yes, soon she'll watch from above.
Out hearts will be broken, our love always spoken,
RA must be stopped so the chain of pain can be broken.
Special thanks to Anderson Hospital, Maryville Manor and Unity Hospice.
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Arthritis Foundation for Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Services: By her request, cremation was held.
A celebration of her life will be held at a later date.