Russell E. Edwards
Russell E. Edwards, 89, of Belleville, Illinois, formally of Colver, PA for 78 years, was born Sunday, March 19, 1922, in Colver, PA, died Friday, August 26, 2011 at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Belleville, Illinois.
Mr. Edwards graduated from Ebensburg Cambria High School in 1940 and served in the US Navy with the rank of Chief Topedoman from 1941-1945. He was employed by the Pennsylvania Railroad, later the Penn Central Railroad, from 1941 until his retirement in 1985. He also was a member of the VFW Post 4962 in Ebensburg and a charter member of the Colver Volunteer Fire Company. He spent most his retirement years on the golf course.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Roy and Hazel nee Treaster Edwards
- Brother: Alquin Edwards
- Sister: Jane Edwards all were from Colver.
Surviving are his:
- Wife of 67 years, Mary M. nee De Haven Edwards of Belleville, IL
- Son: Dennis D. Edwards of Belleville, IL
- Blake Edwards of Los Angles, CA
- Kyle Edwards of Belleville, IL
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Colver Fire Company or Colver Presbyterian Church.
Funeral: A private interment will be held at Crown Crest Cemetery in Clearfield, PA.
Condolences left for Russell E. Edwards: