John Frezza, 80, of Swansea, Illinois, born Monday, December 29, 1930, in Rochester, PA, died Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, IL .
Major Frezza retired as a hospital administrator with the United States Air Force. He was a member of Saint Matthew United Methodist Church, Christian Heirs, New Life Club, St Louis Caleb Bible study group, a board member of Salvation Army. He also was a Vietnam Air Force veteran.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Father: Gregory Frezza
- Mother: Anna nee Matteo, Frezza-Castradel
- Step-father: Pacifico Castradel
- Half-brother: Louis Frezza
- Granddaughter: Rachel Sperry
Surviving are his:
- Wife: Rogene Frezza of Swansea, IL
- John (Audra) Frezza of Avon, IN
- Janis Potter of South Ogden, UT
- Phillip (Kathleen) Thompson of Belleville, IL
- Mary (Ken) Fette of Belleville, IL
- Susan (Buzz) Sperry of Springfield, IL
- Janet Fishwick
- Jean Pulliams
- Clara DePaul
- Alexis Baker
- Codie Nate
- Danny Thompson
- Emily Linge
- Eric Thompson
- Christine Fletcher
- Ben Sperry
- Cianna McDonald
- O'Lynda Fette
- Randy Fette
- 16 Great-grandchildren
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Saint Matthew U.M.C. Missionary Fund.
Funeral: Memorial service was held at 7:00 pm Wednesday, September 21, 2011 at Saint Matthew United Methodist Church, with Pastor James Slone, Rev. Larry Patton and Chaplain Jim Corbitt officiating. A private family interment.
Condolences left for John Frezza:
We are ever so sad that we could not be there at the time of John's passing. We praise God as we remember John. He was a lovely man, growing and learning until his last breath. We will miss him deeply.
With sincere affection and love.
Lindy (Donna, Aubrey and Rainey)
Lindy Backues Philadelphia PA 19148