Ellen M. Lockwood
Ellen M. Lockwood, nee Clore, 87, of Belleville, IL, born Saturday, February 10, 1923, in East St Louis, IL, died Thursday, April 22, 2010 at Saint Paul's Home in Belleville, IL.
Mrs. Lockwood was a preschool teacher from 1972 - 1974 and a preschool director from 1974 - 1981 at Kinder Preschool of Christ United Church of Christ in Belleville, IL. She loved children and had wanted to be a teacher since she was very young. She also loved nature, writing poetry and enjoyed traveling the world with her devoted husband Myrel after their retirements. She was a lifelong member of St. Paul/Peace Lutheran Church in Belleville, IL.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Beloved husband of 67 years Myrel Lockwood
- Parents: Harry and Ida nee Eilerman Clore
- Sister: Lorene nee Clore Monaghan
- Grandson: Robin Lockwood.
- Carole Lynne (Edward) Constance
- Cheryl Lee (Charles) Von Latta
- Jayne Ellen (Kurt) Busch
- Dennis Myrel (Patricia) Lockwood
- James Michael (Tina) Lockwood
- Former daughter-in-law: Cindy Lockwood
- Christopher, Jeffrey (Lisa), and Ellen Constance
- Sarah (Darren) Gebhart
- Christa Von Latta
- Carin (Dr. Lawrence) Sarkis
- Leah (Joseph) Silva
- Bradley Busch
- Jessica (Kyle) Lenzen
- Blake Busch
- Jose Lockwood
- Hallie (Paul) Herbert
- Casey Cochran
- Vincent Cook
- Hannah, Edward, and Seth Constance
- Grace and Samuel Gebhart
- Roben Silva
- Charles and Macalan Herbert
- Sister-in-law: LaNora Clore
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Heartland Hospice, Peace Lutheran Church, St. Paul's Home or American Parkinson's Disease Association.
Visitation: Friends may call from 10-11:30am Monday, April 26, 2010 at Peace Lutheran Church in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 11:30am Monday, April 26, 2010 at Peace Lutheran Church, with Rev.Bill Pierce officiating. Interment will follow at Mount Hope Cemetery, Belleville, IL
Condolences left for Ellen M. Lockwood: