Mary Edith Mason
Mary Edith Mason, nee Lay, 95, of Belleville, Illinois, born Saturday, July 1, 1916, in Saint Charles, MO, died Tuesday, November 8, 2011 at Dammert Geriatric Center in Belleville, Illinois.
Mrs. Mason was a retired clerk for Meyers Brothers Pharmaceutical Company. She was a member of First United Presbyterian Church in Belleville, IL and Teamsters Local 688.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: Angus Mason
- Daughter: Patricia E. Gardner
- Son: Carl R. Mason
- Parents: John M. and Della P. nee Keller Lay
- Brother: Ivan Lay
Surviving are her:
- Son-in-Law: Kent A. Gardner of Belleville, IL
- Dawn L. Mason of Saint Louis, MO
- Scott T. Gardner of Belleville, IL
- Stacey L. Gardner of Belleville, IL
- Lisa K. (John) Link of Waterloo, IL
- Great Granddaughter: Payton O. Link
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Unity Hospice
Funeral: Memorial service will be held at 1:00 pm Friday, November 11, 2011 at Kurrus Funeral Home Chapel, with Pastor Conley Zomermaand officiating. Private family interment will be held at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, Illinois.
Condolences left for Mary Edith Mason:
Edith and I sat together in church for many years. She was an elegant lady who was very fond of her family. My visits to her always meant a lot to me. She is now where she has wanted to be for several months. Bless her and all of you.
Ellen Hall Belleville IL 62208