Gerald Smith Jr.
Gerald Smith Jr., 70, of Caseyville, Illinois, born Monday, September 29, 1941, in East St. Louis,, IL, died Friday, December 9, 2011 at Memorial Hospital, Belleville, Illinois surrounded by his family.
Gerald worked as a Laborer for Local 100. He was a member of St. Stephens Catholic Church, Caseyville, Moose Lodge #4 and U.S. Army Veteran.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: John G. & Dorothy nee Jones Smith Sr.
- Sister: Barbara Sandrowski
- Brother: Eddie Lee Smith
Surviving are his:
- Son: John Gerald Smith III of Shiloh , IL
- Corey Smith of Cahokia, IL
- Ashley Chaney of Poplar Bluff, MO
- Lyndsey O Smith of Poplar Bluff, MO
- Richard L. Smith of Poplar Bluff, MO
- David (Sue) Smith of Caseyville, IL
- Danny (Peggy) Smith of Caseyville, IL
- Dennis (Connie) Smith of Troy, IL
- Geri (Dennis) Buske of O'Fallon, IL
- Donna (Patrick) McAndrews of Fairview Heights, IL
- Special Friend: Pam Brown of Caseyville, IL
- Many Nieces, Nephews and Cousins
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Autism Society.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 p.m. Tuesday, Dec.13, 2011 at Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, Il.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 10:30am on Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2011 at Kurrus Funeral Home with Rev. Mark Burgdorf officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, Illinois
Condolences left for Gerald Smith Jr.:
Donna and Family,
I am sorry to hear of your loss. Praying for peace and healing for you and your extended family.
Wendi Fincher (co worker of Donna)
Wendi Fincher Belleville IL 62223