Bernard G. Steinheimer Sr
Bernard G. Steinheimer Sr., 69, of Swansea, Illinois, born Thursday, October 14, 1943, in Randolph County, IL, died suddenly Monday, December 17, 2012 at his residence.
Bernard was a retired line operator/welder for Weigmann's Electrical in Freeburg, IL.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Parents: Erwin and Virginia Klein Steinheimer
- Son and his buddy: Mark David Anderson Sr.
- Granddaughter: Jennifer Nichole Anderson
- Sister: Rosemary Burns
- The love of his life, Karen nee Miles Range of Swansea, IL
- Loving father of:
- Michael Dennis (Cindy) Anderson of Belleville, IL
- Laurie Ann Anderson of Swansea, IL
- Michael James (Fiancée Jennifer) Anderson of Florissant, CO
- Bernard (Margo) Steinheimer Jr. of Red Bud, IL
- Angela (Paul) Dayton of Fayetteville, IL
- Rachelle Putnam
- Kevin Dierks
- Michelle Steinheimer
- Erwin (Alice) Steinheimer Jr. of Marrisa, IL
- Arthur (Lola) Steinheimer of Sparta, IL
- Edith (Roger) Dierks of Percy, IL
- Jeanette (Dennis) Bayer of New Athens, IL
- Stacey Mae (Gabe) Light
- Mark D. (Kaitlyn) Anderson Jr.
- Brianna Lynn "Breezy" Anderson
- Joshua Lucas Anderson
- Crystal Steinheimer
- Amber Steinheimer
- Skylar Ann Anderson
- Dawson Riley Anderson
- Logan Elizabeth Anderson
- Allan Wayne Steinheimer
- Numerous other grandchildren
- Trey David Anderson
- Kolby Scott Anderson
- Numerous other great-grandchildren
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the H.I.S, Kids Inc.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm Thursday, December 20, 2012 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 1:00 pm Friday, December 21, 2012 at Kurrus Funeral Home with Mike Anderson and Jim Miles III officiating. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, Illinois.
Condolences left for Bernard G. Steinheimer Sr:
I knew Bernie for over 20 years. I used to always see him outside cutting grass or working in the garden or around the house. We had many conversations about life and times.
I always enjoyed hearing about his next project or the great deal he just got when buying his latest vehicle. He was a master wheeler-dealer and had a farmers green thumb. I often envied and marveled how neat and tidy and prosperous his garden was compared to mine. But Bernie was also a tremendously generous person. He was always offering help or building materials or giving me arms full of his delicious homegrown vegetables.
I will miss his sense of humor and his outlook on life. I will miss his laugh and his advice.
Bernie was blessed by a loving family with many children whom he doted on with great joy. The love they gave him filled his heart with happiness and his life with meaning. What a lucky man.
I am going to sorely miss you, Bernie. You were more than just my neighbor, you were my friend.
My prayers and condolences are with his family. I hope you all find peace, understanding and contentment during this time.
mike popp swansea il 62226
Laurie, When I read of Bernie's passing my heart broke for all of you. As long as I can remember, Bernie was always there whenever we got together to play or hang out. Laurie, he loved you so much and you will always have him in your heart.Prayers that God will wrap you in his arms and bring you some peace during this very difficult time. With Love,
Tami (Michalke) White Glen Carbon Il 62034