Rose Ann Luberda
Rose Ann Luberda, nee Drag, 85, of Shiloh, IL, born Tuesday, March 30, 1926, in East St. Louis, IL, died Sunday, April 24, 2011 at St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Belleville.
Mrs. Luberda worked as a Cook for Blessed Sacrament School and retired from Signal Hill School. She was a member of Blessed Sacrament Church, PALS (Polish American Ladies Society), St. Ann's Sodality and was a avid bingo player and loved word puzzles. She cherished spending time with her children and grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: Walter S. "Wally" Luberda who she married July 29, 1946 and passed away March 16, 1979
- Parents: Karol and Dora Drag
- Brother and Sister-in-law: Steve (Joann) Drag
- Sisters and Brother-in-law
- Mary (Jim) Palmer
- Lorraine Alexander
- Brothers-in-law and Sisters-in-law
- Al (Fran) Luberda
- Louis (Angie) Luberda
- Victor (Rosie) Ribbing
- Andy Luberda
- Donald Wells
Surviving are her:
- Thomas (Linda) Luberda of Belleville, IL
- Linda (Richard) Sintzel of Swansea, IL
- Joseph L. Luberda of Baldwin, IL
- Sister: Evelyn Wells of Shiloh, IL
- Natalie (Lance) Stafko of O'Fallon, IL
- Ryan (April Olsen) Luberda of Smithton, IL
- Tim Sintzel of Centralia, IL
- Jeff (Angela Lensing) Luberda of Smithton, IL
- Joseph W. (Gennifer Appel) Luberda of Red Bud, IL
- Allyson Stafko
- Graycie Luberda
- Brother-in-Law: Norman Alexander of Granite City, IL
- Sister-in-Law, Helen Luberda of Fairview Heights, IL
- Dear Nieces and Nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Kaskaskia Workshop Group Home.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 P.M., Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral procession will leave at 9:40am for a Mass 0f Christian Burial at 10:00am Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church. Interment will follow at St. Adalbert Cemetery, Fairview Heights, IL.
Condolences left for Rose Ann Luberda:
Rosie is now with her love for eternity . Her & Wally has so much to talk about over the years. she'll be missed by many but she's finally with her WALLY sharing a whole new life again.I'll miss you &all them beautiful stories about you & wally
Kim Luberda Red Bud Ill 62278
So sorry to hear about Aunt Rosie. She and my Dad, Steve, were two of a kind. I always loved to see them together. My thoughts go out to the entire Drag & Luberda families.
Sally Drag Bergstedt San Antonio TX 78250-6349
Sorry to hear of your mother's death. Celeste also extends her sympathy. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Ken and Carol Scheibel O'Fallon IL 62269