Mildred "Jewel" Bolinger
Mildred "Jewel" Bolinger, nee Miller, 91, of Fairview Heights, IL, born Sunday, July 28, 1918, in Murphysboro, IL, died Friday, May 14, 2010 at her residence.
Jewel Bolinger, as she was affectionately called, dearly loved her husband of seventy two years, Rev. Kenneth Bolinger, now deceased, and her family. Faithful to her husband and a true example of a Christian mother, she was devoted to each of her children. She was a wonderful wife, and mother of nine sons and three daughters. She was an excellent cook and housekeeper, and found great joy in caring for her family. Above all else, she was a praying mother; praying daily for every child, grandchild and great grandchild.
Mrs. Bolinger served as pastor's wife , alongside her husband, as a part of the United Pentecostal Church Intl., in Kinmundy, IL, Murphysboro, IL, Belleville, IL and for many years in Lansing, MI. Mrs. Bolinger was a member of Christ the King Apostolic Church in O'Fallon, IL. Although she has left us to receive her eternal reward, in the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ, she will be greatly missed.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: Kenneth Bolinger
- Parents: Talmage and Ruth, nee Snyder, Miller
- Son: Stanley Bolinger
- Daughter: Janice Bolinger
- Howard K. Miller
- Wesley Miller
- Opal Ellis
- Pauline Ellis
- June Bagwill
Surviving are her:
- Charles (Judy) Bolinger of Lansing, MI
- Steve (Sally) Bolinger of Durand, MI
- Robert (Carol) Bolinger of Alton, IL
- Neil (Nell) Bolinger of Noblesville, IN
- Bruce (Fredia) Bolinger of Morrow, OH
- Keith (Karen) Bolinger of Swartz Creek, MI
- Kenneth A. (Tanya) Bolinger of Nashville, TN
- Duane (Nancy) Bolinger of Johnston, IA
- Ruth (Rev. Larry) Blake of Fairview Heights, IL
- Becky (Steve) Sullivan of Belleville, IL
- Daughter-in-Law: Kathy Bolinger of Belleville, IL
- Brother: Robert T. (Mary) Miller, TN
- 26 Grandchildren
- Numerous Great-Grandchildren
Memorials: Memorials may be made to Christ the King Apostolic Church.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4 to 8 pm, Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at Christ the King Apostolic Church, O'Fallon, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 11:00 am Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at Christ the King Apostolic Church, with Rev. Charles Bolinger officiating. Interment will follow at East Lawn Cemetery, Salem, IL.