Gail W. Schmidt
Gail W. Schmidt, nee Spannagel, 92, of Belleville, IL born Sunday, September 8, 1918, in East St. Louis, IL, died Sunday, October 10, 2010 at Portor Hospice Johnson Center in Centennial, CO.
Mrs. Schmidt was a member of Westminster Presbyterian Church in Belleville, IL. She loved to play bridge, travel and has a very close circle of friends.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: John "Jack" Schmidt
- Parents: Noel and Stella neeThompson Spannagel
- Sister: Marjorie L. Burton
Surviving are her:
- Son, John T. (Linda) Schmidt of North Richland, TX
- Daughter, Noel (Rod Handley) Guest of Parker, CO
- Janet (Ron Olech) Paige
- Ellen Schmidt
- Linda (Scott) Miller
- Niece: Jo Ellyn (John) Lynn of Belleville, IL
- Nephew: Randy (Linda) Burton of Webster Groves, MO
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Shriners Hospital for Children.
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-7 P.M., Sunday, October 17 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 1:00 pm Monday, October 18, 2010 at Kurrus Funeral Home Chapel, with Rev. Michelle Parsons officiating. Interment will follow at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, MO.
Condolences left for Gail W. Schmidt: