Robert L. Stinnett, Jr.
Robert L. Stinnett, Jr, 80, of Fairview Heights, IL, born Friday, November 15, 1929, in Athens, AL, died Sunday, January 24, 2010 at Memorial Hospital in Belleville.
Mr. Stinnett worked as a Supervisor of Maintenance for Illini/Grant School District #110. He served in the Air Force during the Korean and Vietnam wars. He was a Flight Steward and Crew Chief on Air Force One during the years of President Nixon and President Carter. He was a member of Church of Christ in Fairview Heights and Moose Lodge #1221 in Swansea.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Parents: Robert L. Sr. and Edna Pearl, nee Clay, Stinnett
- First Wife: Hazel L. Stinnett
Memorials: In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the American Cancer Society.
- Wife: Wilma, nee Bollinger, Stinnett
- Roberta L. (Kenny) Wells of Spokane, WA
- Joann Junkins of Spokane, WA
- Cynthia (Robert) Reynolds of Marissa, IL
- Brother: Zane (Melody) Stinnett of Athens, AL
- Sister: Judy (Ronnie) Chandler of Athens, AL
- Ten Grandchildren
- Several Great-Grandchilren
Visitation: Friends may call from 4-8 pm, Tuesday, January 26, 2009 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, IL.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 10:00 am Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Joe Taylor officiating. Interment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory, Belleville, IL.
Condolences left for Robert L. Stinnett, Jr.: