Katreen " Katie" Brown
Katreen "Katie" Brown, nee Melton, 91, of Belleville, Illinois, born Saturday, March 5, 1921, in Cumberland City, TN, died Wednesday, September 5, 2012 at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Belleville, Illinois.
Katie retired as a clerk for Reese Drug Store in Granite City, Illinois. She was a member of First Baptist Church, Belleville Illinois.
She was preceded in death by her:
- 1st husband: Donald Lipscomb
- 2nd husband: Samuel D. Brown
- Parents: Harrison and Edison nee Wallace Melton
- Son: Gerald Wickham
- Step-daughter: Carolyn Haege
- Brother: Harrison Melton, Jr.
- Sister: Nell Cochran
Surviving are her:
- Sister: June Ellis of New Douglas, IL
- Son-in-Law: Clarence Haege of Freeburg, IL
- Step grandsons
- Gregg (Sandi) Haege of Freeburg, IL
- Alan Haege of Freeburg, IL
- Alexis Haege
- Caiti Haege
- Victoria Haege
- Dear Friends
- Ida Sida of O'Fallon, IL
- Dorothy Day of Belleville, IL
- Numerous Nieces & Nephews
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Arthritis Foundation.
Visitation: Friends may call from 9:00 am -11:00 am Monday, September 10, 2012 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 11:00 am Monday, September 10, 2012 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Gregg Haege officiating. Interment will follow at St. John's Cemetery, Granite City, Illinois.
Condolences left for Katreen " Katie" Brown:
Katreen was a pleasure to know. God bless her loyal friends, family and all who will be missing her.
Becky Hardy Belleville Il 62221