Helen H. Wimmer
Helen H. Wimmer, nee Hissrich, 94, of Belleville, Illinois, born Monday, November 12, 1917, in East St. Louis, IL, died Friday, July 6, 2012 at Dammert Geriatric Center in Belleville, Illinois.
She was a member of Signal Hill United Methodist Church, United Methodist Women, Thursday Literary Club (Honorary Member), and St. Clair Country Club. Helen was formerly active as a volunteer with the American Red Cross, and served for a number of years as Chairman of the Gray Ladies, who helped patients at Scott Air Force Base Hospital, and at area blood banks.
She was a graduate of Stephens College, Columbia, MO., and Parsons School of Design, New York City, NY., and also attended the University of Texas for a year. Helen was talented at fashion design and enjoyed other creative arts.
She was preceded in death by her:
- Husband: William L. Wimmer Jr., to whom she married on Oct. 10, 1941 and who died on Feb. 17,1987
- Parents: Edgar and Amy nee Schumert, Hissrich
- Sister: Dorothy Jane Hissrich
Surviving are her:
- William L. (Kathie) Wimmer III of Belleville, IL
- Richard S. Wimmer of Belleville, IL
- Jennifer (Thomas) Daulton of Cincinnati, OH
- Melissa (Bradley) Mason of Overland Park, KS
- Lauren (Jared) Shiffman of Olathe, KS
- Scott Wimmer of Belleville, IL
- Great Grandchildren
- Jack Mason
- Mark Mason
- Matthew Daulton
- Abigail Daulton
- Will Daulton
- Sister: Nadine Rain of Godfrey, IL
- Nieces and Nephews
- William (Cheryl) Rain of Godfrey, IL
- Amy (Michael) Monahan of Godfrey, IL
- Tony (Wanda) Rain of Bunker Hill, IL
- H.F. Chalfant of Ladue, MO
- Mary Carr of Clayton, MO
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Signal Hill United Methodist Church or Donor's Choice.
Visitation: Friends may call from 9:00 am - 11:00 am Thursday, July 12, 2012 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 11:00 am Thursday, July 12, 2012 at Kurrus Funeral Home. Interment will follow at Mount Hope Cemetery, Belleville, Illinois.
Condolences left for Helen H. Wimmer: