Alexander J. "Alex" Nadler Jr.
Alexander J. "Alex" Nadler Jr., 104, of Belleville, Illinois, born Thursday, January 3, 1907, in East Saint Louis, IL, died Tuesday, December 6, 2011 at St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Belleville, Illinois.
Alex worked as an electrical foreman for Alcoa in East St. Louis & Scullin Steel in St. Louis. He was a member of St. Henry Catholic Church in Belleville, IL and Greater Beneficial Union.
He was preceded in death by his:
- Wife of 73 years: Rose nee Schutzenhofer Nadler
- Parents: Alexander J. and Mary nee Schutzenhofer Nadler Sr.
- John Nadler
- Louis Nadler
- Frank Nadler
- Joseph Nadler
- Sister: Mary Nadler
- John J. Lehman
- Robert V. Strano
Surviving are his:
- Rosann N. Lehman of Belleville, IL
- Alex K. (Marcia) Nadler of Swansea, IL
- Marilou (Jerry) Blum of Swansea, IL
- Dede Strano of Swansea, IL
- Sister: Rose Stankey of Belleville, IL
- Jerry (Barbara) Blum of TN
- A.J. (Velinda) Nadler of NC
- Doug (Stephanie) Blum of Belleville, IL
- Rob (Naomi) Strano of FL
- Lauri (Steve) Pierson of Belleville, IL
- Mary Beth Page of TX
- Fran (Gary) Krohn of Chicago, IL
- Debbie (Dr. Mike) Kirk of KY
- Stephanie (Brant) Maine of Belleville, IL
- Alison (Mike) Anderson of Belleville, IL
- Dr. John (Ivana) Lehman of Belleville, IL
- Milissa (Bob) Cameron of IN
- Amy (Matt) MacArthur of TX
- Brian Shepard of Smithton, IL
- Emily, Nicole & Gerold Blum
- Alex & Austin Nadler
- Jessica, Nick & Natalie Blum
- Steven & Tennyson Strano
- Paige Pierson
- Lindsey & Alexis Page
- Claire & Paige Krohn
- Anne Marie, Andrew & Peter Kirk
- Addison & Harrison Maine
- Alex Rose & Shawnee Anderson
- Malerie & A.J. Farrell
- Caroline Cameron
- Madelyn & Hayden MacArthur
- Taylor & Brian Shepard
- Brother-in-law: Frank (Millie) Schutzenhofer of St. Louis, MO
- Virginia Nadler of Collinsville, IL
- Veronica Schutzenhofer of Swansea, IL
- Ann Schutzenhofer of Belleville, IL
Alex's strength and love for his wife and children sustained him and his family throughout a long and blessed life.
"ICH LIEBE DICH"
(I Love You)
Says It All
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the St. Henry Catholic Church or donor's choice
Visitation: Friends may call from 9:30 am - 11:00 am Saturday, December 10, 2011 at Saint Henry Catholic Church in Belleville, Illinois
Funeral: Funeral mass will be held at 11:00 am Saturday, December 10, 2011 at Saint Henry Catholic Church, with Father Kenneth York officiating. Interment will follow at Mount Carmel Cemetery, Belleville, Illinois.
Condolences left for Alexander J. "Alex" Nadler Jr.:
We share in your sorrow of the loss of your father, grandfather and great-grandfather. What a special man. I am very blessed to have had Gaed as my God Father and couldn't have had a better role model. We used to see Gaed and Gaedel in the front row at St, Henry's every week-end. He lived a long and good life and we're sure you will all miss him terribly. God bless.
Pete and Marlene Bauer Fairhope AL 36532
Wowee, what a ride! The last time I saw Mr. Nadler was at his kitchen table. Trying to be polite, I spoke rather loudly. My sister-in-law, Dede shouted at me, "He can HEAR, Richard!" Not only that, up until the end of almost 105 years, he read and lived at home! He had four gorgeous kids,
and along with his wife, Rose, kept all the breweries in St. Louis busy. God speed to the nearest tap. Rich, son-in-law brother.
Richard Strano Carmel CA 93923