Victoria T. "Vicky" Starks
Victoria T. "Vicky" Starks, nee Spahar, 92, of Belleville, Illinois, born Sunday, April 27, 1919, in East Saint Louis, IL, died Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Belleville, Illinois.
Mrs. Starks was a former secretary at Mobil Oil Company Refinery in East St. Louis, IL. She was a member of Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church in Belleville, IL, the Queen of Peace Ladies Sodality and Quilt Club. Played violin in Belelville Philharmonic Orchestra 52 years and served on the Boad of Directors during that time. Was instrumental in establishing the Suzuki Violin Program for the Belleville Philharmonic Society..
She was preceded in death by:
- Husband: Alvin F. Stark
- Parents: Anton and Ella nee Comment Spahar
- Grace Spahar
- Eleanor Spahar
- Friend: Margaret Liby
Surviving are her:
- Niece: Phyllis Hoepfinger of Millstadt, IL
- God-Son: Gary Greenfield of Inver Grove Heights, MN and Robin Hunneke
- Their Sons Timothy & Patrick
- God-Daughter: Kathy (Verne) Welter of O Fallon, IL
- Their Children: Marcy, Ryan & Lindsey
- "Adopted" Daughter: Becky and Bob Ketrow of Trenton, IL, T
- Their Daughters, Mandie & Bobbie
- Dear Friends
- Dennis Rose
- Steve & Becky Klucker of Swansea
- Patricia Whelan
- Margaret Liby of New Baden, IL
- Numerous Cousins & other Friends
Memorials: In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church or Belleville Philharmonic Society
Visitation: Friends may call from 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm Sunday, July 24, 2011 at Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Illinois and from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Monday, July 25, 2011 at Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church in Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 1:00 pm Monday, July 25, 2011 at Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church with Father Jack McEvilly officiating Interment will follow at Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery in Fairview Heights, IL.
Condolences left for Victoria T. "Vicky" Starks: