Jack L. Alves
Jack L. Alves, 64, of Belleville, IL, born Friday, April 27, 1945, in East St. Louis, IL , died Thursday, January 28, 2010 at Memorial Hospital.
Mr. Alves worked for Granite City Steel. He was a United States Army Veteran serving in Vietnam War. He was a member of the VFW; American Legion; Disabled American Veterans. He loved and was honored to serve his country.
He is preceded in death by:
He is survived by:
- Parents: Clifton and Helen nee Durley Alves
- Great-Grandson: Gage Henry
Memorials: Memorials may be made to the Belleville Area Humane Society or American Diabetes Association.
- Wife: Betty L. nee Brown Alves of Belleville, IL
- Sindy (Kevin) Kubitschek of Belleville, IL
- Debra Benesh of Belleville, IL
- Brother: Dr. Larry (Nancy) Alves of Troy, IL
- Sister: Susan Kelley of Cincinnati, OH
- Holly (Scott) Schneider
- Shani Benesh
- Lindsay Smith-Kubitschek
- Beloved Pet: Mickey
- Dear nieces, nephews, and many special friends
Visitation: Friends may call from 11:00 A.M. - 1:15 P.M., Tuesday, February 2 at the Kurrus Funeral Home, Belleville, Illinois.
Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 1:15 P.M. Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at Kurrus Funeral Home, with Dr. Steve Phillips officiating. Interment will follow at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis, Missouri.
Condolences left for Jack L. Alves: